Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a problem with the region config files, espacially the Sound Effect Pattern for Italy.

Because of a certificate issue I have to run SIP Release 3.3.1 on Polycom 331 (Bootrom: 4.3.1.0440).

When using "Italy_tones.cfg" I just can hear a short beep as dialTone instead of the typical italian dialTone.

(Should be

Period 1 on: 0.6 sec
Period 1 off: 1 sec
Period 2 on: 0.2 sec
Period 2 off: 0.2 sec)

Any idea what is causing this?

Regards,

Matthias

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Matthias,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A Italian example I used in the past could be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Italian Call Progress Tones Configuration File-->
<!-- Compatible with UCS 3.3.x or newer-->
<!-- Reference: http://nemesis.lonestar.org/reference/telecom/ -->
<!-- SOURCE = http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+Phones -->
<!-- For information on configuring Polycom VoIP phones please refer to the -->
<!-- Configuration File Management white paper available from: -->
<!-- http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_p... -->
<!-- *********************************************************** -->
<!-- * Please see below only as an example as your SIP Server  * -->
<!-- * may provide you with Dial Progress (busy, Ringing etc)  * -->
<!-- *********************************************************** -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <se>
    <se.pat>
      <se.pat.callProg>
        <se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
          <se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="600" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="1000" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="200" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="dialTone" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="0" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="200" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="branch" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="-4"/>
		  </se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
      </se.pat.callProg>
    </se.pat>
  </se>  
  <tone>
    <tone.chord>
      <tone.chord.callProg>
        <tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
			<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.onDur="500" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.offDur="500"/>
			<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.2="425" />
			<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.2="-20" />
        </tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
        <tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
			<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.2="425" />
			<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.1="-12" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.2="-12" />
        </tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
		<tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
			<tone.chord.callProg.ringback tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="1000" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.offDur="4000" />
			<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="425" />
			<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-20" />
        </tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
      </tone.chord.callProg>
    </tone.chord>
  </tone>
</polycomConfig>

What certificate issue are you experiencing as you should at least run UCS 3.3.5 on that version of software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for quick reply.

But unfortunately this is the same config file I am using. And the sequencial part does not work. There is no DialTone.

Ringback and busy are working. And wehen removing the <se.pat> Part out of the file you can hear a dialTone, but it is not the italien one.

The reason for the special 3.3.1 Software is because of the missing

Certificate CN: Baltimore CyberTrust Root - RSA Public Key: (2048 bit) in all releases, until UCS 5.1.0

But this is not certified at this stage.

HP Recommended

Hello Matthias,

I have no record of such Cert within our software.

The only Cyber trust I can find is GTE.

Earlier Versions of UCS 3.3.x have issues regarding the tones so I suggest you work with a Polycom Sales Engineer or raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.