Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Release Notes for Polycom VVX Software Version 5.9.2.4056

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Release Notes for Polycom VVX Software Version 5.9.2.4056

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can provide release notes/change log for the VVX Software version 5.9.2.4056 please?

Many thanks,

Jonny

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Release Notes for Polycom VVX Software Version 5.9.2.4056

Hello @JonnyL ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

UC Software 5.9.2.4056 is not a publicly released version to my knowledge.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

Many thanks for your reply.

Do you know which public version 5.9.2.4056 is forked from?

We are being recommended to deploy this version to over 4000+ devices and without release notes/change log i'm a little hestitant to agree.

Kind Regards,

Jonny

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello @JonnyL ,

Do you have a Poly reference or anything else for this?

We would not just gove a version to a customer without reason?

There must have been a specific issue reported to Poly so we created a HotFix. Usually, they are all based on the GA Version as an example 5.9.2.3446_rts42

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Sorry, just to clarify, it is our hosted pbx vendor who has recommended this.

They aren't able to quote a hotfix number so far but I can ask them again.

They have provided the following information.

-Bug Fixes

-Increased stickiness factor for the SBC registration.

However as it's not based on a GA release that I can find a reference to online, I'm missing some detail.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Jonny

Message 5 of 6

Hello @JonnyL ,

Most likely this:

• Phone Repeatedly failing over from one SBC to another. Poly internal reference EN-134834

The fix for this is also in 5.9.4 GA which we just released as EN-138180

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Message 6 of 6