Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How do I factory reset an VVX expansion module? I don't see anything in the web interface or the admin guide.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @PCS-Brad,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above has all details

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @PCS-Brad,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

To answer your actual question there is no separate way other than factory resetting the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I'm running 5.7.0.11768 on my VVX 500.

When I reloaded the phone, the address book entries were retained on the EM. I ended up deleting them manually. Should the reload have wiped those memories?

Brad

HP Recommended

I also tried to downgrade to 4.8.something, then re-upgrade to 5.7.0.11768. After I did, the phone uploaded a MAC-directory.xml file to my provisioning ftp server. The entries in the file were nowhere in the other configs. Where could that be coming from?

HP Recommended

Hello @PCS-Brad,

we have not got enough details of what kind of SIP server you are using and if there is a DHCP Option 160 or 66 setup in your network so the phone can automatically connect to a provisioning server.

Who initially setup this phone or service ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The SIP server is asterisk (FreePBX).

We are a hosted VoIP provider and set up the phone and service.

The phone is correctly pointed at the ftp provisioning server via the web interface.

The underlying issue was that the VVX 500 would get a "Line Unregistered" notice after the EM was provisioned, at which point no calls could be made or received until the phone re-registered 60 seconds later. If the EM wasn't provisioned, the error wouldn't occur.

I didn't see anything in the logs indicating what was going on, but I did notice that the EM apparently had address book entries manually added by the user. I deleted these manually, since the factory reset of the phone had no apparent effect on the EM. However, I noticed that the phone was uploading the {MAC}-directory.xml file to the provisioning server a few minutes after rebooting.

My research has indicated that if a -directory.xml file exists for a phone, it will grab that from the provisioning server after a factory reload, and will periodically send an updated copy to the provision server.

I'm assuming that at some point prior to my last factory reload, the directory file was uploaded, and then after the reload, the phone grabbed the file.

I have since deleted all config files on the provisioning server and factory reloaded the phone again. I then re-created the provisioning files and pointed the phone to the server.

Would the directory.xml file somehow conflict with the EM provisioning in a way that would cause the line unregistered error?

I manually edited the features.cfg to address some other potential issues. Please tell me if any of these might have caused the problem:

*The FreePBX Endpoint Manager-generated features.cfg had attendant.resourceList entries up to 130, while a single VVX 500 and EM would have a maximum of 96. I removed 97-130.

*attendant.resourceList7 through 12 were repeated in the file. I removed the duplicates.

*The client requested that some buttons be duplicated on the phone display and on page 2 of the EM. On the phone, they were lableled "Fwd Bob" and "Fwd Joe" and on the EM they were labelled "FWD Bob" and "FWD Joe". I added a "." in front of the EM entries in case duplicate buttons were causing the problem.

The phone is no longer displaying the Line Unregistered error, but I'd like to know exactly what fixed the problem.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @PCS-Brad,

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In order to actually answer your question we would need this in support and get some logs.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I read that FAQ, which is what led to to believe the semi-permanent directory may have been the cause of the issues.

How do I get this "in support"?

HP Recommended

Nevermind. I'm assuming you mean to open a web service request or call in.

HP Recommended

Hello @PCS-Brad,

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above has all details

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.