Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I have tried to search but have found no info on this topic.

It would be beneficial if I could remote into Polycom phones as I support 10's of thousands in my environment. Anything to expediate support I try to do, and this would be something to do that.

Can anyone assist with how to remote into a Polycom phone remotely? If this is possible, is there any documentation as to which models or firmware can do this?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello p0lycom2014,

The Polycom SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and VVX Phones offer a Web Server that you can remotely browse to.

Depending on the phones software version there are limits to what you can do remotly.

If the Phone support UCS 4.0.0 as a software version then the web server offers more possibilitys. 

This is constantly enhance.

None of the CX100, CX200, CX300, CX500, CX600, CX700 ,CX3000 or CX5100 communicators or phones offer a Web Interface. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. Do you know the name of this web server?

Also, I was hoping for more of a way to telnet, or ssh into a polycom phone.soundpoint or even better, with the VVX models.

Do these support a way to remotely log in via command line?

If the web server is the only method, I would appreciate what software this is called so I can look into this.

thank you

HP Recommended

Hello p0lycom2014,

the adding the IP address of the phone to your browser will enable you to access the phone.

Telnet is not supported for End Customers and would not provide you access to any features.

Please ensure to consult the Admin Guide for any more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

P0lycom2014:

Also please be aware that if your phones are behind NAT, that you will need to configure port forwarding in order to access the web interface of the phones from outside the local network.

Another feature which may be of assistance to you is syslogging, which you can configure by provisioning the phones, and will work behind NAT without requiring port forwarding.

The VVX phones also support remote packet capture, but this will require port forwards to configure, as which accessing the web interface.

HP Recommended

thank you for the comment regarding NAT. Yes that will be a challenge as not all network gear has access by my company.

Regarding remote packet capture and syslogging, where can I find more information about these features? syslogging would be helpful with error messages, but remote packet capture would be hugely beneficial with call quality issues I believe.

As far as my original question, I have tried a web browser to access a vvx300 phone. I am not behind any NAT, and I can ping the phones ip address, but that browser is unable to connect to the ip address of the phone. Any suggestions? It should be a simple connection in the browser

HP Recommended

Hello p0lycom2014,

as stated in my signature please check the VoIP FAQ. All your questions are answered in there already.

I assume you are running LYNC so please ensure:

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

If you are refering to Microsoft Lync, no, I am running Asterisk.

however, I have found that the pbx has the microbrowser access disabled. That would be the reason I could not access the phone in the browser.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.