Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is it possible to remotely monitor the Polycom 8800 for issues like when EWS fails? I can see they don't support SNMP any other way to monitor for these types of issues?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @craig.taylor ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

The logs could be used for that in a scripted way. Or the REST API.

Or simply look at our cloud solution called PDMS-E

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Looking at getting the EWS status through the REST API there doesn't appear to be a command for this listed in the latest REST API manual? Is there a newer version or is this specific for the Trio as there is no REST API guide for the Trio?

HP Recommended

Hello @______Chris ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

The 5.8.0 REST API Guide for the Trio can be found on the support page aka "Other Documents" => here <=

5.9.0 is not yet released and I am chasing this internally.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the REST API doc for the Trio. There doesn't appear to be anything on the EWS status in that doc either so maybe a coming soon although it isn't on the VVX REST API doc for 6.0 either.

HP Recommended

Hello @______Chris ,

if this is not already a feature it may not be available at all.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how to raise a feature request.

Not sure you looked at PDMS-E as of yet as this is our cloud solution.

Polycom Device Management Service.Per Audio Device Managed,pre-paid 1-yr plan effective on service commitment. Service includes Prem support.Device maintenance not included.No cancellation or reduction of the plan or scope allowed.(Qty 1-9,999 only)

€2.71

4870-09902-641

For 3$ per device/per year or a local RPRM

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.