Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

IP550 with 4.02 UC.

After receiving a call, the following options are available: HOLD, END CALL, TRNSFER, CONFERNC.

Since BlindXfer are frequently used, can the normal Trasfer button be converted to a BLINDXFER button?

Is there a setting to have blind transfer as the default transfer mode (without having to press transfer>blind> transfer)?

I found a setting but it seems to apply to only the IP32x,IP33x....  "call.transfer.blindPreferred".

I also tried:

<efk> <version efk.version="2" /> <efklist efk.efklist.4.mname="blndxfer1" efk.efklist.4.label="Blind Transfer" efk.efklist.4.status="1" efk.efklist.4.action.string="$P1N4$$Trefer$" /> <efkprompt efk.efkprompt.1.status="1" efk.efkprompt.1.label="Extension: " efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible" efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric" /> </efk> <softkey softkey.5.label="BlindXfer" softkey.5.action="!blndxfer1" softkey.5.enable="1" softkey.5.precede="1" softkey.5.use.idle="0" softkey.5.use.active="1" softkey.5.use.alerting="" softkey.5.use.dialtone="" softkey.5.use.proceeding="" softkey.5.use.setup="" softkey.5.use.hold="1" softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0" />

Doing this removes HOLD, TRNSFER, CONFRNC. Also, the prompt stays on the screen if I press BLINDXFER>BLF button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello xmel,

download the PDF File rather than looking at it within your Browser should allow Adobe to show the 4 attached files.

I have also attached these here.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello xmel,

HOLD, TRNSFER, CONFRNC is removed as you disabled softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0"

this is explained on Page 502 on the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide:

Control the display of the Hold, Transfer, and Conference soft keys. If set to 0 and the phone has hard keys mapped for Hold, Transfer, and Conference functions (all must be mapped), none of the soft keys are displayed.

call.transfer.blindPreferred is only supported on SoundPoint IP 321, 331, and 335 as explained on Page 406 on the Admin Guide.

You will need to have to understand the basic functionality of the EFK / Softkey Changes.

You want to change Softkey 2 in the active state then you can either remove all as done above and manually adding these or precede the original Softkey 2 with a "new" Blind transfer softkey and literally simulate the Key presses usually needed for a blind transfer to happen.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HI Steffen,

How do simulate the blind transfer? Could you please provide the macro code?

Using "$P1N6$$Trefer$" has one problem. It doesn't place the call on hold while the digits are pressed.

How do I I place the call on hold while the prompt is occuring?

$Chold$$P1N6$$Trefer$ doesn't seem to work.

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I see that TB42250 reference "attached configuration files" that may have a solution, do you know where I can acquire these files?

HP Recommended

Hello xmel,

download the PDF File rather than looking at it within your Browser should allow Adobe to show the 4 attached files.

I have also attached these here.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. Got it working:

<efk>
    <version efk.version="2" />
    <efklist
        efk.efklist.4.mname="blndxfer1"
        efk.efklist.4.label="Blind Transfer"
        efk.efklist.4.status="1"
        efk.efklist.4.action.string="$FTransfer$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey3$"
    />

</efk>
   <softkey
     softkey.5.label="BlindXfer"
     softkey.5.action="!blndxfer1"
     softkey.5.enable="1"
     softkey.5.precede="1"
     softkey.5.use.idle="0"
     softkey.5.use.active="1"
     softkey.5.use.alerting=""
     softkey.5.use.dialtone="0"
     softkey.5.use.proceeding="0"
     softkey.5.use.setup=""
     softkey.5.use.hold="1"
     softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="1"
   />

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Although the macro works, is there a way to eliminate the required pause? On the a high call volume station, this pause is noticeable and hinders speedy transfers.

This what I currently have "$FTransfer$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey3$". Changing it to $FTransfer$$FSoftKey3$" breaks it. Your help is apprecaited!

<softkey
     softkey.5.label="BlindX"
     softkey.5.action="$FTransfer$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey3$"
     softkey.5.enable="1"
     softkey.5.precede="1"
     softkey.5.use.active="1"
     softkey.5.use.alerting="0"
     softkey.5.use.dialtone="0"
     softkey.5.use.hold="1"
     softkey.5.use.idle="0"
     softkey.5.use.proceeding="0"
     softkey.5.use.setup="0"

softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="1"
   />

HP Recommended

I took care of the transfer without simulation, as below, however my problem is that when I want to make the hard key do the same blind transfer as the softkey the redundant soft keys show up again, although I have already disabled them, please look at the below

I need to disable attended transfers and replace it with blind, I also need to force the hard key to do Blind transfer instead of Attended, below is my config

1. Disable primary functions: (They all come together so to disable transfer I had to disable them all)
softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0"

2. Create the basic functions using EFK
        efk.efklist.4.mname="blndxfer1"
        efk.efklist.4.label="Transfer"
        efk.efklist.4.status="1"
        efk.efklist.4.action.string="$P1N4$$Trefer$"

efk.efklist.5.mname="myhold1"
        efk.efklist.5.label="Hold"
        efk.efklist.5.status="1"
        efk.efklist.5.action.string="$FHold$"

efk.efklist.6.mname="myconf1"
        efk.efklist.6.label="Conference"
        efk.efklist.6.status="1"
        efk.efklist.6.action.string="$FConference$"
3. Assign soft keys
    softkey.3.action="!myhold1"
    softkey.3.enable="1"
    softkey.3.precede="1"
    softkey.3.use.idle="0"
    softkey.3.use.active="1"
    softkey.3.use.alerting=""
    softkey.3.use.dialtone=""
    softkey.3.use.proceeding=""
    softkey.3.use.setup=""
    softkey.3.use.hold=""

softkey.4.action="!blndxfer1"
    softkey.4.enable="1"
    softkey.4.precede="1"
    softkey.4.use.idle="0"
    softkey.4.use.active="1"
    softkey.4.use.alerting=""
    softkey.4.use.dialtone=""
    softkey.4.use.proceeding=""
    softkey.4.use.setup=""
    softkey.4.use.hold=""

softkey.5.action="!myconf1"
    softkey.5.enable="1"
    softkey.5.precede="1"
    softkey.5.use.idle="0"
    softkey.5.use.active="1"
    softkey.5.use.alerting=""
    softkey.5.use.dialtone=""
    softkey.5.use.proceeding=""
    softkey.5.use.setup=""
    softkey.5.use.hold=""
4. Assign the hard key
        <keys key.scrolling.timeout="1"
                key.IP_550.37.function.prim = "SoftKey3"
                key.IP_650.37.function.prim = "SoftKey3"
        />
The problem is everything is fine before step 5, once I add the hard key the disabled primary function softkeys are automatically added although I have explicitly disabled them. 
Can you please help me with this. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.