Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Replacing a small office currently using Grandstream 2200s with all IP-335 phones.

So far, every IP phone says the network is down.  I swap back the 2200 and its fine.

Not using POE, each phone has an AC adapter.

The jacks are split-wired.  That is, each 8-wire cable carries two network signals.  Each end  is split into two jacks, wired for 10/100 Base-T (which only needs 4 wires).

Does the IP-335 phone "demand" 1000 Base T?  Is this an option I can turn off?

I don't really want to re-wire all those jacks.....

Thanks in Advance!

Rich.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Mystery Solved!

It turns out the Grandstream phones had a custom (and proprietary) router running the network that had a VPN tunnel right back to the Asterisk machine running them.

Naturally, that made it impossible for the Comwave-hosted IP335's to connect to Comwave's server!

I just had to swap out the custom router for a COTS one and everything is 5x5.

Thanks to Tech Support at Comwave for helping me out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.