Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently approved an update to upgrade our Polycom VVX (300/400) phones from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1.  We have a Lync Server 2013 setup with the appropriate cab files and an FTP provisioning server to provide configuration for the phones. 

I've been doing some spot checking and it appears most of the phones have upgraded but some have not.  Aside from going to each Polycom phone webpage, logging in, and viewing the current UC Software version, is there a way I can view all of our Polycom phones versions in one place so I can determine which ones need to be rebooted to receive the update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello jplarsongq,

The Microsoft LYNC server should be able to create a report on this.

Have a look at this technet post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jplarsongq,

The Microsoft LYNC server should be able to create a report on this.

Have a look at this technet post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, exactly what I was looking for!

HP Recommended

Hello jplarsongq,,

maybe post a quick write up what you have done just in case the hyperlink ever disappears.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Microsoft offers two different ways to get at the data I was looking for.  Either from a web browser on the Lync 2013 Reporting Server or from Lync Front End Server via PowerShell.  For us it was easier to go with the browser based report.

To begin, log into your Lync Server control panel and under Top Actions, expand the View Monitoring reports section and click on your server.

Attachment 1

From there, the Monitoring Reports section will appear.  Assuming your user account has the correct priviledges, then the nexxt step is to click on the IP Phone Inventory Report link under the System Usage Reports section.

Attachment 2

Finally the IP Phone Inventory Report will appear.  Change the dates and other filters as desired and click on the View Report button in the upper right corner.

Attachment 3

Note that this tool will gather data on the following areas:  Manufacturer, Hardware Version (this seems to include Make/Model/firmware version), MAC address, User URI (the person who has logged into the phone), User agent (appears the same as Hardware version), Last logon time, Last logoff time, and Last activity.

A couple of notes that I've found and also mentioned by Microsoft:

This report considers something within the From/To date as when the phone was last logged in with.  Meaning if you run a search from April through August, you will only find devices that have been logged into since April.  If there is a device that was logged into in March and stayed logged in, this will not be picked up by the report.  In this regard, it's likely best to run the report for a longer timeframe than you might need and export the file to CSV and remove unneeded entries.

Another thing I've noticed is that you may have multiple results from the same phone.  I noticed that when I sorted by MAC address, I had plenty of phones appear 2-3 times.  This is because the phone was first logged into with an earlier firmware and subsequently had a new firmware installed, which the phone considered itself logged into again creating the second entry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.