Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to use my Polycom Soundpoint IP335 with a different VOIP service. I don't have the admin password for all 6 of my phones which were sold to me by Verizon. Without that admin password I can't access the menus to change over to the new VOIP service.

I've tried using the default password and the "other" password (<removed by the moderator>). I've tried both of the passwords in the regular phone menu, the startup option by cancelling out the load bar, the "press 4 numbers at the same time when it starts up" option, and through the web interface. Nothing works. The phones are running:

UC Software Version 4.0.1.13681

BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

I called Verizon and they said they did not change the admin password on the phone and to call Polycom. I called Polycom... and they sent me here. Can someone please let me know how I can access the admin settings so I can use these phones? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello Mike_r,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have removed the hint for the password as we do not publicly reveal this method.

The method that you are aware off only works on the initial bootup of the phone and no where else.

When you cancelled the BootProcess and then pressed the 1,3,5 and 7 keys together the phone should prompt you the following:

Enter Password to Reset Settings:

If this doesn't work with the method I removed then you are typing it in incorrectly. You have to add it like a TXT/SMS style message where certain keys have to be pressed multiple times.

If you are still unable to get this reset then you would need to work via your Polycom reseller or our support team directly and most likely pay the PPI fee to raise an outside warranty support case.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thanks for the reply.

I cancel out the boot process and it takes me to a screen that says "5 seconds to boot" and gives me 3 options: start, setup, or cancel.

Setup will take me to a screen that says "enter password"

That's where I'm trying that other password and making sure the letters are in lower case and it doesn't work. I'm sure I'm entering it correctly.

If I keep 1,3,5, & 7 pressed after cancelling the boot process, the 5 seconds will run out, then it will reboot the phone, the process will load, and then it will take me to another "enter password" screen. Neither password works there either.

Is there a way to make the phone update to a newer version of the software without accessing the admin setup area?

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

the Key combination needs to be pressed during the countdown and at no other time.

I have explained this in detail in this FAQ post below:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The only possible other solution would be to provision the phone with a new software and/or password.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

We support DHCP Option 66 and and our Custom Option 160.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the Standard Username and Password for a Polycom Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If all above fails please contact support directly and work with the team after paying the PPI fee.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Right, that's what I've been doing.

So, assuming that the password doesn't work (the one we can't mention), is there any other way to get the phone to work?

All of my phones have the same problem, by the way.

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

I already replied in my post to your last question.

The phone always tries to reach it's provisioning server. If the phone is still set to get this information via the DHCP options mentioned you would provide this via your DHCP server and setup an FTP server and provision the Phone from there including a new or standard password.

If this is not working or you are unable to do so please ring support, pay the PPI fee and my colleagues will work with you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I cannot even reset the phone to factory default using 1, 3, 5 and 7 simmultaneously.  The phone has "Line 1", "Line 2" and the message lights all on, at the same time (three red lights).  I have tried multiple plugs, with the same result.

HP Recommended

Hello FBobbioC,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

as already explained to the original poster the Key combination needs to be pressed during the countdown and at no other time.

Are you doing this at the right time?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

There is no count down.  The lights are red and come up as soon as I plug in the phone.  I have tried plugging the phone into different ports.  Those ports all have working phones, and are Power over Ethernet ports, so it is not an issue with the port on the wall.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello FBobbioC,

if that is all the phone is doing, and without getting it back in my lab, I can only assume it is broken.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.