Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to reset my phone by entering in the MAC Id

I'm too sure how to enter the characters.

There is icon that has 1->Aa, or A->a1 and a->1A

Which one do I press for numeric and alphabetical character

Thanks
David j.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello David,

welcome to the Polycom community.

We do not publicly advertise in this Forum how to use this procedure so I kindly ask you not to provide more details on this.

• The 1->Aa shows that the Phone is in Numerical mode and pressing the Icon would change it to capital Alphabetical mode
  • The A->a1 shows that the Phone is in capital Alphabetical mode and pressing the Icon would change it to lower case Alphabetical mode
  • The a->1A shows that the Phone is in lower case Alphabetical mode and pressing the Icon would change it to numerical mode

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Having problems with the "MAC" reset method.  I understand the details are not described here.  I have a phone with unknow password and the MAC methood is not working.  Is there a way the previous user "Locked" this phone so I could not reset.  If not where can I get detailed steps to complete.  Love the phones - this is the first time I have had any problems.

Thanks,

Riffman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.