Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom 550

Steps taken sofar

Polycom firmware:

Asterisk

standard extension macro
s,1,answer()

Scenario

1) A caller is on the phone
2) A new call comes in
3) Caller hears annoying ringing

The client's receptionist would rather not hear the unneeded ringing, thanks.

Someone opened a post for this previously, but I discovered a sad flaw with this forum. When a post is marked "solved" by an admin, it no longer bumps up and will thus be buried. It was presumptuous of the admin on that post to think that the 3.2.2 firmware would solve this issue. Now I had to open this new post and we missed out on the precious threads of knowledge contributed by other users, a shame.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello fixit,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Let me start by clearing up a few misconceptions.

1. My reply in the "old" post => here <=
    Forum.png 

Above reply clearly states UCS 3.3.2

It does not state SIP 3.2.2, SIP 3.2.5 or SIP 3.2.6

It also gives you the Ticket 68267 that includes this fix.

Did you check against the Release Notes of SIP 3.2.2, SIP 3.2.5 or SIP 3.2.6 if they include fix 68267?

2. It does not mention any Version of Asterisk as the issue is based on the Phone Software and not the SIP Platform.

3. The Admin (me in this case) does not mark a post as fixed. A user or someone replying to a post marks this as fixed if they followed the advise that has been given and if it fixed their issue.

4. You mention in the "old" post that you or Polycom have "lost" sales due the issue.

Did you follow up as advised and used UCS 3.3.2 to fix the issue?
    Did you log this issue with your Polycom Reseller to bring it to the attention of Polycom Support?
    Did you contact Polycom Support directly or a Polycom Sales Person to get this issue addressed?

Please read above and take appropriate steps.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Just a follow up as this has now also been posted in the Asterisk Forum => here <=

Checking your log file for an entry, when the issue happens , like:

net 4 00 rtosNetwork: netwTask() - Can't find associated CCB!
so 4 00 soTonePlay: Could not find a free DspSe channel.

You can force the Phone to upload it's current App and Boot Log via a Finger Combination documented in the Admin Guide for your SIP / UCS Version.

This issue usually only happened after a Blind Transfer was executed.

Reproduction Step:

1) Phone A calls phone phone B.
2) Answer on phone B with the handset, press transfer and dial phone C.
3) while phone C is ringing, replace the handset on B to complete the transfer.
4) Answer the call on phone C and terminate the call.
5) Place a new call from phone A to Phone B.
6) Answer on phone B by lifting the handset.

Expected Result: Ringing dialtone Should not be heard during the conversation.

Possible observed Result: While in Conversation heard Ringing dialtone.

If above appears and you can see the suggested Log Levels please liaise with your local Polycom Reseller and and escalate the case to Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have this problem with a few of our clients. Just to clarify your previous message, are you saying the problem is entirely fixed by an upgrade to 3.3.2, or that one such problem was fixed in 3.3.2 and your steps to reproduce are for a separate problem with similar symptoms that still exists? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The fix described above fixes the issue listed in the reproduction steps.

If you can reproduce your issue using the steps above then the UCS 3.3.2 or SIP 3.1.8 or UCS 4.0.1 will address this.

The issue may occur in a separate functionality but Support and Engineering tried above scenario and could always reproduce.

Please leave some feedback what you current Software is and if the Upgrade fixed your issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I appoligize, I had meant to update the main post with new info as it comes, and also structure it as an upbeat guide. Coudn't seem to edit the main post, sorry about that.

HP Recommended

Just a quick follow up because I was unsure how your testing went after the upgrade but did that fix the issue?

I see they suggest 3.1.8 as a version where that issue should be resolved.  Let me know if you are still having that problem.

Thanks, 

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.