Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have just moved to a company that has all Polycom Ip331's - as I set up my new work station, I had a question no one here could answer, and am turning to you guys to see if it's possible.

What I would like to do is keep a standard ringtone for a general phone call just coming into the office, but I would like to change my ringtone to something different if it's a direct transfer to my extension.  That way I know to "ignore' if I can the general calls, but be aware when a call is being directly forwarded to my phone and  i need to answer.

Also, we have a find me/follow me feature which I have got setup so when I don't answer the user is offered a chance to hit 1 and forward to my cell phone.  But the answering machine message is in a weird order - it goes like this Ring--> FWD to voicemail --> Tells far end "this person has find me follow me enabled press X to forward..." --> if button is not pressed, then it gives my name and sends them to voicemail.  can I change this somewhere to say "XYZ person is not available, hit 1 to forward to their cell, or stay on the line to leave a message" or something to that effect!

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello adamSVSI,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We actively encourage all users to utilize the search function and especially check the => FAQ <= first before posting a new topic.

There is already a FAQ Post => here <= specifically dealing with Ringtone issues.

For your second issue this is nothing that Polycom has anything to do with as this is provided from your SIP Server.

My advise to you is to liaise with whoever looks after your Telephony system in order to make the changes you require if they support this on their Platform.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Steffen,

Thanks for the quick reply, however I am an end user not a system admin. looking at the documentation I don't see a way an end user can change their ring tones to 2 different ones. - if it's an internal transfer I want ring tone a and all other numbers it's ringtone b. unless I missed it somewhere it doesn't seem like its in the documentation. Thanks for the help!
HP Recommended

Hello Adam,

this can only be controlled by whoever is looking after your SIP Server and only if the SIP Server allows the common method use by SIP Phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.