Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I´m trying to find if SHA2 is supported on SSIP?

Found some answers that it should be a Feature Request, as we don´t buy Polycom today but looking into maybe doing it if it supports SHA2, we are not able to raise this kind of request.

Question is if it supports it?

If not, has a Feature Request been raised?

And if, when can we expect something from it?

Regards

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever manage to follow up most of your original posts => here <= before posting a new question?

Without doing this the other community members cannot profit from any answers provided.

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 14, 2015 Question:Is SHA-256 (SHA-2) supported by Polycom Phones?

Resolution: SHA-256 (SHA-2) support was added to UC Software 4.0.0

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I searched in the searh field for SHA2 but nothing from the FAQ showed up.

And info i got is that VVX supports it, but i got no clear answer if SSIP supports it.

And this is still the question.

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

You have not answered my question so far and all phones that support UC Software 4.0.0 will support SHA as explained.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I recommend you grab the latest 4.0.x and test it. This is what I did. You should also pay special attention to the included Certificate Authorities certificates (Admin Guide + Release Notes) if you plan on using these vs. a customCa.
HP Recommended

The SSIP 5000, 6000, and 7000 will all support SHA256 (SHA2) certs as they run application version > 4.0.0.

The SSIP 4000 will not support SHA256 as it only runs 3.1.8.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.