Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I believe I've looked through everything I can to try and answer this question but I've come up empty handed.

While working with some older 301s and 501s configured by FTP I found that the Line1 values for auth.userID and auth.password are blank when looking on the phones themselves. This was slightly troublesome as I was trying to confirm all the values populated properly. 

After poking around I did find that the phones registered just fine, but I couldn't see/change/edit the Line 1 values for auth.userID or auth.password. Is it possible those values are somewhere else and I'm looking in the wrong location or do those values under SIP Configuration -> Line 1 just not display anything?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Mulloy,

what Software Version are you running on these Phones ?

The latest one is 3.1.7

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

How can I change AUTH password values? I can enter into field then stays locked to 4 digit code

HP Recommended

Hello TRN123,

there is no requirement to post or reply to multiple other post's with the same question.

The Password field will always be shown with 4 Asterisk (****) independently if the password is longer or shorter.

This is a standard security measurement and does not reflect the actual password length.

I have provided you now with multiple FAQ post's that you should be able to follow and program your phone.

Please refrain from opening more new post's or replying to other similar post's as I have provided you with all the answers you need.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.