Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Really hope someone is able to help with this as I am about to start banging my head against a brick wall.  Why Polycom cannot put simple settings such as DTMF options on the web gui is a puzzle to me?!?!?

Anyway, I have a Soundstation IP 6000 conference phone connecting to a NEC SV8100 PBX.  When making a call from the Polycom and before the destination device answers I want to be able to send DTMF tones to the PBX in order to activate service codes for features of the system.  As no RTP is active at this point because the session is still in setup I can't use inband or DTMF Events so am hoping to use SIP INFO requests but having setup a configuration file I am really struggling to get the Polycom to send these.

I have enteredthe configuration file details of my unit which basically consists of the below text I took from the Admin manual.  Current levels of software on the unit are as follows:

Phone Information      
Phone Model              SoundStation IP 6000      
Part Number              3111-15600-001 Rev:N      
MAC Address              00:04:F2:00:00:00
IP Address              0.0.0.0      
UC Software Version              4.0.4.2906      
BootROM Software Version              5.0.3.1667

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.4.2906 18-Apr-13 01:11 -->
<!-- Created 01-01-2007 00:12 -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
 <CONFIG_FILES
  tone.dtmf.chassis.masking="1"
  tone.dtmf.rfc2833Control="0"
  tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload="96"
  tone.dtmf.viaRtp="0"
  voIpProt.SDP.early.answerOrOffer="1"
  voIpProt.SIP.dtmfViaSignaling.rfc2976="1"
 />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello shayles,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

NEC are a VoIP Interoperability Partner but I am unaware if they tested and certified that their call control solutions are interoperable on a defined feature set with Polycom SoundPoint IP desktop and SoundStation IP conference phones and SIP software.

You would need to inquire with them directly if this is even possible on their call platform for a 3rd party device.

I am aware that we currently have a bug in the UCS 4.0.4 software that prevents SIP Info being send during a early media. This is being address in the next UCS 4.0.5 for which I have no release date yet.

In order to fully troubleshoot this we would need to check your configuration, verify there are no errors in the logs and cross check the call setup via a wireshark trace.

As this is outside the scope for Polycom employees within this community you would need to contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if it is possible with the 4.0.4 software to send SIP INFO message if early media is disabled then?

I don't need early media so this would be OK for me.

Thanks,

Stewart

HP Recommended

Hello shayles,

as explained UCS 4.0.4 currently has a bug and I doubt we send it on a 180 or 183.

As suggested verify with NEC if the SSIP6000 has been interoperability tested to use such features and then work with your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support directly.

It is a good idea to provide a working trace from another SIP endpoint that can utilize this functionality in comparison with the SSIP6000.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.