Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have tried in vain a number of times to make the SIP Warning header pop-up feature work. I am highly confident my phone configuration is correct (voIpProt.SIP.header.warning.enable="1" and voIpProt.SIP.header.warning.codes.accept="399"), and I am confident that I am sending Warning: headers to the phone in the correct format specified in rfc3261 20.43. However, the phone never displays a pop-up notification.

I believe that either this feature does not work or is not documented correctly.

As an example I have sent the following header in a SIP NOTIFY message:

Warning: 399 pbx.mycommpany.com "values of B will give rise to dom"

However despite my best efforts (sending this header in requests and responses) I have not been able to coerce the phone into displaying a message. I have set the header "Content-Language: en" Can anyone explain the specific requirements and circumstances for the phone to show a pop-up message?

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Gork,

We were able to successfully make it work, but there is a signiciant problem, the warning headers only work in SIP responses, not in SIP requests like (NOTIFY,INVITE etc...) make to the phone.

So for example if the phone sends you an INVITE, you can set the warning header in the 100 Trying or 180 Ringing and those will show up. As far as I can recall, it does not work in any other cases.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Gork,

We were able to successfully make it work, but there is a signiciant problem, the warning headers only work in SIP responses, not in SIP requests like (NOTIFY,INVITE etc...) make to the phone.

So for example if the phone sends you an INVITE, you can set the warning header in the 100 Trying or 180 Ringing and those will show up. As far as I can recall, it does not work in any other cases.

HP Recommended

Thank you; that is what I was starting to assume was the case, but I did put Warning: headers into some SIP responses but will try it specifically again with NOTIFY and INVITE. Does your application happen to be on asterisk by chance?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.