Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SOUNDPOINT IP650 integration with Voipfone network

JAYTBAEZ
Occasional Visitor

SOUNDPOINT IP650 integration with Voipfone network

Hi all,

just signed up for Voipfone services, and want to use my Soundpoint fone to do so, I am not getting any IP address coming through when I strat up the phone, so they cant configure it to their network.

Any reason why this would be, apart from the usual ethernet cable problems, have checked and its ok.

I just keep getting 'resolving' when I reboot the phone.

Many thanks

Jay

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SOUNDPOINT IP650 integration with Voipfone network

Hello Jay,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is there a DHCP server in your network that would provide an IP address?

The only way to check what is happening between the Phone and the switchport would be setting up a spanned port and sniff the traffic.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2