Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SOundStaion IP 7000 won't boot

Visitor

SOundStaion IP 7000 won't boot

I have a SoundStation IP 7000 that won't boot. It gets power (PoE) and tries to boot. The 3 lights turn green then red and the display stays white and never boots beyond that.The phone was previously working but we had some switches have firmware problems where the y lost the configurations. AFter rebooting the affected switches the phones never came back on. We have other 7000's that had the same switch problems but they are working correctly.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SOundStaion IP 7000 won't boot

Hello @arivera_12 ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Based on experience and other similar posts the unit most likely requires an RMA.

Do you have the MAC address so I could look up the age of the unit and who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 9
Visitor

I actually have 2 of them. Here are the MAC addresses. 64167F061B75 and64167F060D66.

Message 3 of 9

Hello @arivera_12 ,

How do you provision these phones aka are they using any FTP server or similar ?

Both units have been sold via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 23/09/2016 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 9
Visitor

They are provisioned through a Mitel phone system. It's a hosted service.

Message 5 of 9

Hello @arivera_12 ,

Do they load their configuration from a server or are these simple standalone devices that have been configured using the web interface?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 9
Visitor

They load from a server that is off site and that I don't have access too.

Message 7 of 9
Visitor

Is there no way to recover these phones. What if I sent them back to Polycom? It's hard to believe there's no way to reset them.

Message 8 of 9

Did you change the switches or just OS there?

Did you try it with a power adapter or injector cable (I recall some SW + 7000 combination would need injector cable).

Ideally try to connect it to another SW with a power adapter, if  there is a progress - startup a local TFTP server and point the unit to it (so it can download or updgrade it's firmware (if it had been on 3.x.x., better to go via a special upgrade process, perhaps the unit is stuck there).

Message 9 of 9