Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our customer has installed around 100 Polycom SPIP 331 phones in single location. Unfortunately user is experiencing problems making this phones unusable. These phones very often are losing registrations (re-registering after 2-4 minutes instead of 60s as requested by registrar) and stopping responding mid-call.
Our investigation pointed that at the time of the problem (in practice every 10 minutes or more often) phones are not responding to ARP request. We have eliminated possibility of problems with network equipment by connecting PBX and two phones directly on single hub (hub was not disconnected from local network in this test). I've attached Wireshark trace, configuration and syslog traces from phones.
This problem seems similar to:
http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/quot-Trigger-dynamic-filter-AllPacket-quot-seen-in-logs-during/...
http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Icon-7-Set-State-39-OOR/td-p/17976
(lots of "Trigger dynamic filter Broadcast" log lines and "Icon(7)Set - State 39 - OOR").

Our customer had run similar test previously but with LAN detached and phones seem to work in this scenario.

Phones seemed to run correctly for some time and then this problem reappeared (it seemed to be solved first time by some changes in their configurations, but customer that made this changes is unsure and similar changes are not helping now). We are suspecting that problem might be triggered by automatic firmware update or some change in provisioned configuration.

Other phones in same location (~20 yealink + few grandstream) are working fine, but since most of the phones are SPIP 331 whole installation is virtually unusable.

Looking at log files SPIP 331 are running FW 4.0.3.7562, 4.1.0.84959, 4.0.2.11307. I'll search logs later to see if this could be related to FW version (I'm sure that problem exist with large number of phones but I'm not sure if all of them). 

I would like to ask for any suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello ThomasOstrowski,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I only had a quick look at the trace and checked one of the provided serial numbers and found the phone should still be within warranty.

I would suggest that you seek the professional advise and support you need via your Polycom reseller and bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

One word of advise is to never use a Hub in a environment like this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
How can you get phone serial number from log files (Wireshark especially not syslog if this is possible)? Is it related to MAC? Currently I'm hoping that this could be solved by turning off device.net.etherStormFilter option if it is enabled - I'll try to verify this immediately Monday morning. There are no hubs in network normally and judging by syslog ("Trigger dynamic filter Broadcast") using hubs or switches would not make any difference either. Some switches may be able to partially isolate broadcasts (i.e. Cisco VTP pruning) but replacing network devices would be more expensive than replacing phones and still wouldn't guaranteed correct operation.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.