Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can maybe shed some light on this one. We are using a mix of devices, primarily SPIP 33x series phones. Specifically I'll speak about the 335's, but it applies to others.

This is a repeatable problem where I call in to a direct DID into our Lync Auto Attendant. I speak the name, it dials. Callee's phone rings (SPIP335 with 4.0.3F), goes to answer, but the phone unregisters the user, and doesn't pick up the call. The caller's phone continues to ring into voicemail. The phone MUST be rebooted to restore functionality.

I can call a different number which is answered by our main IP-PBX gateway (Elastix box), and I can redirect myself to the same user who can answer as normal and all is well. Which still goes through Lync, but not the Auto Attendant.

I also use a SNOM 821(Sorry we're testing one; I love Polycom!) with UC Firmware on it, and the Auto Attendant can forward the call in the same way, and all is fine and well. Works as expected. Same with the Lync Clients as well, works as expected.

I can call other Polycom phones running non-UC firmware 3.2.5 I think (it's been a while since I provisioned new firmware out) but the point is all other phones in the office NOT on UC firmware work as expected.

The comminality is the Auto Attendant forwarding in to any SPIP running UC 4.0.3F, "crashes" the phone...

Any one else had anything like this?

Thanks,

dwellsy

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello dwellsy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The UCS 4.0.x release for LYNC is not Microsoft approved and therefore not fully compatible with LYNC.

The latest UCS 4.1.0 Rev B release is the one you should test when using our Phones with LYNC.

Your Polycom reseller will be the contact that can provide that software to yourself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply... Shortly after posting my question I saw the release link for 4.1.0B. I have already contacted provider for access to new firmware - waiting...

I will let you know if that fixes this major issue. So far for not being an authorized firmware with Lync, most everything else works perfect (except Park+Orbit) - EFK softkeys providing direct functions work good (AA ans SA numbers [IVR's and such]) .

Did I read correctly that there is separate licensing involved in upgrading to 4.1.0B??? What the? Can you provide clearity on that please?

Thanks,

dwellsy

HP Recommended

Hello dwellsy,

as it states in the UCS 4.1.0 Post:

NOTE: The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. 
You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. 
These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. 
You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. 
Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I wanted to let you know, that I got a hold of the 4.1.0B firmware as a trial, and loaded it on an SPIP335. The same major problem exists as outlined in my first post in this thread.

My question now, is where do I start a bug report?

Thanks,

dwellsy

HP Recommended

Hi dwellsy,

you simply log a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller / partner.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.