Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi. We recently purchased a Polycom SoundStructure VoIP Interface (P/N: 2200-35005-001, Serial#: 0004F2920185).

Our phone system is

Cisco Unified CallManager - version 6.1.3.1000-16

Cisco Unity Connection - version: 2.1.2.1000-380

Problem: SS VoIP interface shows registered in SS Studio, but  still "unregistered" in CUCM call server. When I try to dial the assigned number (of the SS VoIP) from any phone in our phone system, I get a busy signal. I contacted Cisco TAC and it appears that SS is able to register for a brief time in CUCM and then it gets unregistered again. Cisco TAC did a trace and below is the summary result:

02/21/2012 16:20:10.599 CCM|DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt. Connecting Port:5060 Device name [Optional].: Device IP address.:10.80.3.107 Protocol.:SIP Device type. [Optional]:336 Reason Code [Optional].:4 Registering SIP User. [Optional].:2000 App ID:Cisco CallManager Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:AB21NT010071|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::164.178.10.71><CT::Alarm><LVL::All><MASK::ffff>

02/21/2012 16:20:10.600 CCM|SIPStationD(1,100,75,6097), , 10.80.3.107:5060, primaryDN=2000, it's first challenge . Set Challenge timeout timer |<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::164.178.10.71><CT::1,100,185,1.18367><IP::10.80.3.107><DEV::><LVL::Detailed><MASK::0020>

02/21/2012 16:20:10.600 CCM|//SIP/SIPUdp/wait_SdlSPISignal: Outgoing SIP UDP message to 10.80.3.107:[5060]:

SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:20:10 GMT

From: "sstvoipuser" <sip:2000@164.178.10.71>;tag=3FF49B7F-A03C14B2

WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="ccmsipline", nonce="YHU2bXF/hJ/vVljhZTD+z8AqqVxNvNkj", algorithm=MD5

Content-Length: 0

To: <sip:2000@164.178.10.71>;tag=436678808

Call-ID: 87465a6b-22a1645e-fc3eca01@10.80.3.107

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.80.3.107;branch=z9hG4bK48bfbd9569AF1928

CSeq: 1 REGISTER

Cisco TAC concluded that the problem is:

CUCM sending unauthorized request for the digest user.

So they asked me to try to use CUCM end user password instead of Polycom digest user password. Result still the same - busy tone when contacting SS from other Cisco IP phones, and SS still showing as "unregistered" in CUCM.

We hope this is not a case of defective VoIP card... Is there a way to verify if the voIP card is good?

Would very much appreciate your assistance/recommendations/insight/suggestions... !!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello GCC,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check the FAQ for this post => here <=

I am quite sure the CUCM is not a supported SIP Platform but usually as advised in above Post the 

reg.1.address

is the E.164 Address and this within the Call Manage is the Extension Number.

The 

reg.1.auth.userId

is the digest User.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, but sorry to disagree on your reply about "CUCM is not a supported SIP Platform". In fact, Polycom has a documentation entitled "Deployment Guide for the Polycom® SoundStructure VoIP Interface for Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (SIP)" dated Dec 2011 ref# 1725-33223-001 Rev. A

This is a 2MB pdf doc if downloaded.

cheers,

HP Recommended

Hello GCC,

I stand corrected as you are right in this instance. The guide can be found => here <= and covers the VVX1500 C and the SoundStructure VoIP Card only as compatible SIP Switch.

Did you follow this guide and have you got this now up and running?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.