Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Does the Polycom VVX line support STUN for use with Open SIP platforms? We would like to use the 3CX phone system, but 3CX claims they can not remotely provision a Polycom VVX phone because Polycom does not support STUN.

Searching on Google, I did find a mention of 66597 Added support for Microsoft STUN/TURN/ICE.  in Polycom UC software 4.1.0 Revision S is for use with Microsoft® Lync® Server and using a single registered line only. This mentions for Microsoft enviorments, but what about for open SIP platforms?

Does Polycom supports STUN, and if not then why not? It seems Yealink and other large SIP Phone manafactures do. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello KL,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

All of your old posts => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution".

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice was useful and has helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Forgive me if I somehow missed it, but I'm not seeing an answer to the question. I understand KL should accept answers to past questions, but this question needs an answer.

General STUN support should be a given for any SIP device, but I'm not seeing mention of it outside of Lync.

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanBair,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The original poster has asked many questions prior without ever showing any reaction to the answers.

As this does not help the community to grow I decided to remind him of this prior to answering his new question.

To answer this finally at present we only support STUN for Skype for Business and not openSIP.

If you require this I suggest to work with Polycom sales to raise a feature request for this:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

just to follow this up STUN is supported since UC Software 5.9.5 for Legacy VVX and 6.1.0 for the rest of the VVX range.

Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Parameters

Poly UC Software 5.9.5 supports Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN), a network protocol used in NAT traversal for real-time IP communications, such as voice, video, and messaging. This section lists parameters that configure Simple Traversal of UDP though NAT (STUN).

nat.refresh.interval

Set the time interval for the phone to send STUN binding indications to keep the NAT port open and the phone reachable. 

• 30 seconds (default) - The phone sends STUN binding indications for every 30 seconds to keep the NAT port open and the phone reachable.
  • 0 second - Disable STUN Binding indication to refresh NAT bindings.
    3600 seconds

nat.device.pollInterval

Set the time interval for the phone to send STUN binding request to the STUN server to detect whether NAT device is rebooted.

• 60 seconds (default) - The phone sends the STUN binding requests to the STUN server for every 60 seconds. If NAT IP address or the port details in the STUN binding response don’t match with the previous binding response, the phone automatically restarts.
  • 0 - The phone doesn’t check whether NAT device is rebooted. If NAT device is rebooted and the NAT IP address or the port is changed, the phone doesn’t receive any incoming messages as the IP address and port details published in SIP register message don’t match. You need to restart the phone manually to make the changes effective. Poly recommends not to set the value as 0 seconds.
    900 seconds

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.