Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

According to 4.0.1 documentation, Polycom phones should now retain their call lists (missed calls, placed calls, received calls) even after a reboot (In 3.2, these lists were stored in volatile memory and lost once the phone was rebooted).  How is this accomplished?  I see the new "000000000000.cfg" has the following line added to it: CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY=, so I thought maybe the phone would periodically upload these lists to the specified directory, but I don't see that happening.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank,

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Andy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Just try to reboot your Phone and the Phone will upload this file if a provisioning server is available that allows this file to be written to the directory.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yeah, I've rebooted my phone multiple times, but the call lists are always erased.  Also, I monitor the logs on my provisioning server while rebooting and I don't see any attempt by the phone to upload the files.

HP Recommended

I did test this with a 8400 yesterday and about 5 seconds after the call was made the List was uploaded.

What Server are you using?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Andy,

what phone did you try in your Test?

I just tried to reproduce this in my lab running a SPIP550 and a SPIP650 with UCS 4.0.1.13681 and both phones neither load their <mac>-calls.xml on a reboot or try to store the File after a call.

Could you raise this with your Polycom Reseller and I will open a ticket myself internally.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I was using an SPIP 550.

HP Recommended

Hello Andy,

please go ahead and report this via your reseller as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Andy,

I had some feedback internally and currently the only Phone's who support this feature are:

VVX 500
VVX 1500
SpectraLink 84xx

Feel free to raise a Feature Request => here <= and provide a business case why you would find this feature useful on other Phones.

I will liaise with our documentation team to get this highlighted.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

As of this day the Admin's Guide for UCS v4.0.1 has not been updated to reflect what you have validated.

"The call lists on the SoundPoint IP and SoundStation IP phones will not be cleared or deleted when the phone reboots." - p.83

It will be very much appreciated if you can remind the documentation team again and prevent users (like me) from being confused.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Wonbin,

maybe the wording is confusing but a reboot (not powering off) should contain the Call List.

The same paragraph mentions:

As of Polycom UC Software 4.0.1, the VVX 1500 phones and SpectraLink handsets will remember the previous call history after a restart or reboot.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.