Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Separate dialtones for internal and external calls?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Separate dialtones for internal and external calls?

Hi all,

VVX500 phone, app. 5.9.6.2327

When user picks up handset, dialtone is present.

To dial outside number, user has to press 0. I modified digitmap to re-generate dialtone after "0" is pressed, but I would like to use different dialtone. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Rudolf

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Separate dialtones for internal and external calls?

Hello @Rudolf ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you try and utilize the community search prior to posting a new post?

Did you try to utilize the FAQ?

Nov 23, 2011 Question: How can I change my Dial Tone or Call Progress Tones to sound like my local Dial Tone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Rudolf ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you try and utilize the community search prior to posting a new post?

Did you try to utilize the FAQ?

Nov 23, 2011 Question: How can I change my Dial Tone or Call Progress Tones to sound like my local Dial Tone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Stephen,

I will try tomorrow.

Yes, I did try to search before posting. Also checked admin guide for the phone/software, but it is a bit difficult when one doe snot know the term to look for. Info I found was all related to how to change the dialtone, not how to add second one and get the phone to use it. "Secondary dial tone" is what I needed.

Rudolf

Message 3 of 3