Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can a service provider block your usage of the polycom expansion modules?

Seems my module is recognized but that is all I can't program, no way to do it. I tried all the ways in the manual, online video tutorials etc. Don't even have a directory called "Contacts". Phoned Shaw service provider and the jerk on the phone said unless I buy the expansion module directly from Shaw then it won't work and they will not help in anyway to get it to work. They said I have to send back the one I bought and rebuy it from them. He said only their supplied expansion module would work. Is it not just a display? "All signaling and powering comes from the host phone." (Wording is direct from Polycom's own Data Sheet)

They will not even ask a real technician how they work because end users aren't supposed to know that stuff. I asked if we need to upgrade our software to a better package ... nope every question which was many he just said no and would not forward me to anyone that could answer any of my questions.  Said he was the one that knew all the answers Said also anyone else would tell me the same thing, but said he didn't know and when I asked to have a technician dispatched to our site to go over our system also said there is no valid reason for sending a tech out. 

So it is quite obvious I don't have the correct software working on my phone. Whether it is blocked or not the right version I don't know because my serve provider technician would not let me speak to anyone else about it.

The expansion module is only a display.

I have a 280.00 brick in my office because it is no longer in new condition due to trying to get it to work for weeks calling so called tech's looking through manuals as time permits.

Meanwhile every phone number has had to be looked up and we don't know if calls get successfully transferred or whether I am transferring to someone who is busy or not. All being done blind😒

Any suggestions or similar experiences out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Raven Steel ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

If you purchased the original VVX and service via a service provider they are in charge of what you can do and not do.

There is nothing, apart from outlining the FAQ, what anyone in this community can do. Please work with your service provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have VVX 501 Polycom phone and the expansion module is the color module compatible with the 500 series. All brand new.

HP Recommended

Hello @Raven Steel ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

If you purchased the original VVX and service via a service provider they are in charge of what you can do and not do.

There is nothing, apart from outlining the FAQ, what anyone in this community can do. Please work with your service provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.