Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Setting phones from Lync to Open SIP mode via provisioning server

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Setting phones from Lync to Open SIP mode via provisioning server

I'm having difficulty setting up a provisioning server to set VVX phones that currently have a base profile of Lync to Generic so that they will operate in SIP mode.  Due to the volume of phones I anticipate handling I would like to do this via a central provisioning server.  

I have tried adding to my config 

device.set.baseProfile.set=1

device.set.baseProfile=Generic  

and have also tried

device.set.baseProfile=Null

based on what I found at http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/technical-guides/uc-software-lync-deploy...

These were not successful.

I then tried to use 

device.baseProfile=Generic

and

device.baseProfile=Null

based on what I found at http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/voice/UC_Software_5_2...

Neither of these were successful either.  

I am presently testing this with a VVX 500

Am I doing something wrong with my parameters?  I am placing them in the <DEVICE> section.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Setting phones from Lync to Open SIP mode via provisioning server

Hello Lokust,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The complete configuration is:

<SIP device.set="1" device.baseProfile.set="1" device.baseProfile="Generic" />

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Setting phones from Lync to Open SIP mode via provisioning server

Thank you.  I had erroneously placed this in the <deviceSettings><device> section since we already had device.set="1" in that section.  Doing this as you suggested was successful.  I appreciate the help.  

Message 3 of 3