Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Luke,

I have outlined the process (and your reseller is aware of it) that needs to be followed to raise this with the correct team.

The VVX500 and any other newer phone is a completely different hardware and I am unable to make any assumptions regarding the reasons why the development team has decided to remove this functionality as I was not involved designing the hardware.

To my knowledge you are the first person to have reported this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are considering transitioning to the VVX line from the SPIP line but also noticed the "nearly" lack of sidetone. Unless you turn the handset volume to nearly max, the sidetone is imperceptible.

Have there been any decisions / discussions to make the configuration of sidetone available to the administrators of the phone? 

Thanks,

Michael

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Information that I already provided in this post and especially => here <= is still the same.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

EDIT: 08/02/2017 Example CFG attached . Unzip and import via the Web Interface as shown => here <=

Hello all,

based on a miss understanding I was actually unaware that we do have a parameter.

Please utilize:

vvoice.handset.st=""

You can use 1 => 25 but should usually discuss this with Polycom support before using.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello

Is your problem solved with VVX500 ?

HP Recommended

Hello Kakiman,

Please see this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, sorry I had not noticed this thread had been updated. Just had a chance to test this VVX sidetone adjustment setting and happy to report that it worked! I am currently still trying to find the optimal value, but I've got ours set at

voice.handset.st.VVX500="10"

which seems to be just about right.

HP Recommended

I'm having this issue with my phones as well.  It feels like I'm in a vacuum when I'm talking.

So this is the setting:  voice.handset.st.VVX500="10"

But where do I type that for the setting to change?

Thanks,

Steve

HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

The parameter either needs to be placed into a existing configuration file used to provision the phone or create a new file and import it via the web interface.

Information and details can be found in the VoIP community FAQ or the community search.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Where in the SIP.cfg file does this entry <voice.handset.st.VVX500="10"/> need to be placed?

Tried here but getting errors....

<voice>
<voice.volume>
<voice.volume.persist voice.volume.persist.handset="1" voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1" voice.volume.persist.headset="1"/>
<voice.handset.st.VVX500="10"/>
</voice.volume>
</voice>

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.