Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

EDIT: 08/02/2017 Example CFG attached . Unzip and import via the Web Interface as shown => here <=

Hello Patrick Morris,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Using anything newer than UCS 3.3.0 has officially no longer got a sip.cfg or a phone1.cfg.

You may create your own file and call it that name but it has no relation to files originally used in SIP 3.2 x or prior to that.

In regards to your example posted below it simply has the wrong XML formatting.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm glad this thread was here. Thank you @luckman212. The first thing I noticed about the VVX500 was the lack of sidetone. I would have wasted hours investigating this. Now I know I'm stuck with the bug. Sigh!

HP Recommended

Hello kd3bj,

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition did you see the reply from the original poster => here <= where he explains that the parameter provided by myself addressed his issue?

Are you using LYNC or a generic SIP Server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Did OP find a solution to voice.handset.st on the VVX?  I've got a similar problem with the VVX410, sidetone would be really helpful, but I've also had problems finding a documented configuration setting and have tried voice.handset.st.VVX410 with no apparent effect (though nothing in logs with debug level on config).

HP Recommended
It appears that this is a "feature" of the VVX500. We just got them here at work, and are running them with a Lync server. No sidetone at all. And since this topic has been active since 2012, it doesn't appear that there's much interest in providing it.
HP Recommended

Hello PS,

Its always useful to read a topic from the beginning as the post has been updated => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

To The design engineers at Polycom.

The VVX500 phone becomes a challenge to any user that works the phone alot daily.

The lack of side tone is madning for two reasons.

1) If the called party has a pregnent pause in their conversation, hearing no side tone on the caller's end sounds no different than a lost call would sound. This causes the caller to constantly be saying, "Are you still there?". This makes you sound stupid to your clients and it is frustrating to say the least. 

2) When you are in sales mode, and you are calling prospective clients on a regular basis, hearing your own side tone helps to adjust your own cadence, volume, and the tone of your speech, while delivering your sales pitch. Without the side tone, the perception is that you have no guage to control certain elements of your speech. Totally frustrating!

The model 310 has great side tone, by the way, but I paid extra for the color display phone and got this problem with it.

Could you guys please come up with a firmware upgrade to fix this on the 500?

It would be greatly appreciated by all purchasers of the VVX500, I promise you.

HP Recommended

HelloBloxman,

welcome to the Polycom Community and thank you for resurrecting this post.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition did you see my reply above your post:

Its always useful to read a topic from the beginning as the post has been updated => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

below is an example of a sidetone for a VVX500 and all other VVX models being dealt with two parameters.

The first is only applicable to the VVX500 (see the Substitution example FAQ => here <= ) and the other covering every other model.

<voice voice.handset.st.VVX500="10" voice.handset.st="13"/>

Example CFG attached . Unzip and import via the Web Interface as shown => here <=

! I would not recommend to play with these as these should be carefully adjusted in cooperation via our support team !

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.