Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Simulation/Emulation Software for Polycom VVX411?

Occasional Visitor

Simulation/Emulation Software for Polycom VVX411?

I'm in the process of trying to build training videos and integration with one of our web tools with this phone and I've tried downloading the 4.1 SDK that is provided on polycoms website, But it doesn't seem to have the ability to launch a Simulated VVX410 or 411 model. Am I missing something or was support of this removed?

All I see on the desktop after install is VVX1500 VVX500 and a hand held model.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Simulation/Emulation Software for Polycom VVX411?

Hello @shirasu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I believe the SDK comes with a PDF file outlining this:

When the SDK is installed on a computer, the following components are installed:
• VVX 1500 Simulator
• VVX 500 Simulator
• SpectraLink 8400 Series Simulator
• XML API Standalone Testing Tool
• XML API Web Testing Tool

As stated by the above there is no simulator for any other VVX.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Occasional Visitor

The PDF file that is available for download with the SDK says it contains a VVX 410 and a few other simulator. So I guess it did at one point and Polycom removed it possibly? This documentation should probably be updated as its pretty misleading. So for those of us wanting to do dev for the 411 models, Theres no support for this provided? Any idea why these models were removed?

Message 3 of 8

Hello @shirasu,

I must have looked at an older document as the updated version => here <= lists the different VVX's

After Installing there is a choice:

SDK_Choice.jpgSDK_Choice_02.jpg

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Occasional Visitor

When I install the kit from the page in the PDF provided, That's where it seems to lack the VVX 400. Even if I choose it in the dropdown during the SDK signup. Can you provide me a direct link to the updated SDK? It seems the one located at http://www.polycom.com/forms/api_dev_reg_thankyou.html is 4.01 which is the one I've been having issues with yet the documentation is for version 5.3.0

Message 5 of 8

Hello @shirasu,

this is the one I downloaded. If you have additional issues please raise a case with Polycom support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 8

I have follow-up question - is there a version for macos by any chance?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 8

Hello @notonlyeveryone

no we do not to my knowledge.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 8 of 8