Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Goodday,

I am new to sip and polycom and have a shoretel voip solution. I have looked into all the step by steps on both shoretel and polycom for this and i still get line un registered. I was curious if any one has set up the ip 6000 on a shoretel system and if so, could you by chance give me a hand in getting this going on mine?

206192144|cfg  |5|03|Prm|Parameter reg.x.outboundProxy.port requested type 0 but is of type 2
0206192144|sip  |*|03|Fast Boot Measurement Point: Ready for Call, uptime: 11.806 sec.
0206192144|app1 |*|03|Ctx [0] Registered [false]
0206192144|app1 |5|03|Corporate directory instance does not exists.
0206112250|sip  |4|03|Registration failed User: 8078, Error Code:480 Temporarily not available

I have set up the sip proxy and can communicate with all the devices and log into the phone through web interface and such. It just is not communicating with my shoretel server. 

Any help would be aprciated. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

My ShoreTel Rep sent me this and I was able to get my IP 6000 working.

SETTING UP THE POLYCOM CONFERENCE PHONE

Note that the Certified Firmware is version 4.0.11.0583 To reset the Polycom SoundStation conference phone to the default settings, follow the instructions in the following support document: http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/SoundPointIP_Resetting_...

1. Reset device settings; this sets the phone password to 456.
  2. Reset local configuration.
  3. Reset web configuration.

CONFIGURING THE POLYCOM CONFERENCE PHONE

You can configure the Polycom SoundStation conference phone using either the phone interface or the web interface. Configuration using the web interface is only available on phones with newer firmware versions.

CONFIGURING THE POLYCOM PHONE USING THE PHONE INTERFACE

1. Connect the Ethernet cable (the lights on the top of the device turn red).
  2. After about 15 seconds, the Polycom logo appears on the screen and the lights turn off.
  3. On the phone, navigate to Menu > Settings > Advanced.
  4. Enter the default password, 456.
  5. Navigate to Admin Settings > Network Configuration > Server Menu.
  6. Configure the following settings:

Leave all other settings as the default settings.

1. Press Select, and then press Exit >Save Config.
  2. Reboot the phone.

CONFIGURING THE POLYCOM PHONE USING THE WEB INTERFACE

1. Find the IP address of the phone by navigating to Menu > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters.
  2. In the address bar of any web browser, type the IP address assigned to the Polycom phone, and then press Enter.

The phone admin log in page is displayed.

1. Log in using the following credentials:
  • Username: Polycom
  • Password: 456

Note: If you cannot access the web configuration utility, contact Mitel Support.

1. Navigate to Settings > Provisioning Server and configure the following settings:
  2. Click Save.
  3. Navigate to Preferences > Select Time and configure the following settings:
  • Time Synchronization
    • SNTP Server:
      • Off-net: pool.ntp.org
      • On-net: Select the blank option in the drop-down list and enter the IP address of the voice interface
    • SNTP Resync Period: 86400
    • GMT Offset:
      • US: -5 for EST, -6 for CST, -7 for MST, or -8 for PST
      • Canada: -3:30 for NST, -4 for AST, -5 for EST, -6 for CST, -7 for MST, or -8 for PST
      • Australia: +8 AWST, +8:45 ACWST, +9:30 ACST, +10 AEST, or +10:30 LHST
  • Daylight Savings
    • Daylight Savings: Enabled
    • Fixed Day: Disabled
    • Start Date: Second Sunday March 02:00
    • End Date: First Sunday November 02:00
  1. Click Save.
  2. Navigate to Settings > Lines > Line 1 and configure the following settings:
  • Display Name: Enter the name of the phone user
  • Address:
  • Authentication User ID: 
    • US/Canada: Enter 1 + the 10-digit phone number
    • UK: Enter 44 + the 10-digit phone number
    • Australia: Enter 61 + the 9-digit phone number
  • Authentication Password: Enter the voicemail password
  • Label: Enter a label for the line button
  1. Click Save.
  2. (Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 Only) Navigate to Settings > Audio Codec Priority, select G729AB, and then click the right arrow to move the selection to the Unused list.
  3. Click Save.

The phone is ready for use when the phone is successfully registered and the phone icon on the screen is solid black.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying back,

Our sytem is an on primis solution. The server and everything is here and the sip phones and going to our shoretel director here on site. So port 5060 and TFTP all that. One of our switches is set to proxy on that specific subnet. 

HP Recommended

Sorry Jonathan, I'm not familiar with the on premise setup.  We just signed up for the hosted not too long ago.  I can't even figure out how to upgrade one of these IP 6000's.  I would reach out to your ShoreTel rep.  They should be able to get you up an running.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.