Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are using Polycom IP301,IP335 & IP501 and Asterisk in our office.   We have noticed that if a laptop/desktop is connect to the LAN via PC port downloading/uploading is much slower than when laptop/desktop is directly connected to the switch.   Is this a known problem?  Does anyone has a solution to this or any suggestion on how to resolve this?  

Thanks,

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What Port Speed is set on your Phones and what Ethernet Port is set on your switch?

There may be a mismatch or your Network is Gigabit and the Phones (above) only do 100Mbits.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Port Settings is not available on the 301, 335 & 501. That is what it says from the manual anyways...

We do have gigabit switches and the ports are all set to 1000FD.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

HP Recommended

My bad, it is set to Auto-negotiate and when i check from the switch it says Full-Duplex 100Mb/s.

When we transfer a 4GB file from our LAN to that computer while connected through the PC port of the polycom 301, it says it will take about 239 hours. When we bypass the phone and connect it directly to the switch port, it takes approximately 6 Minutes.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have this same issue.  How did you ultimately resolve this?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello robinsas,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Thanks for also posting => here <= but please ensure you always include the used Software Version.

Also do you have some examples of speeds you measured?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.