Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Softkey for consultative transfer

michael_grncld
Occasional Contributor

Softkey for consultative transfer

I have a customer who needs a dedicated softkey to do a consultative transfer to a particular number (7103 in below example). I have tried many options including the 2 below but with no success.

<softkey softkey.3.action = "$Ftransfer$7103#$FTransfer$" softkey.3.enable="1" softkey.3.label="3Tx7103" softkey.3.use.active="1" softkey.3.precede="1"/>

<softkey softkey.3.action = "$Ftransfer$7103#" softkey.3.enable="1" softkey.3.label="3Tx7103" softkey.3.use.active="1" softkey.3.precede="1"/>

<softkey softkey.3.action = "7103#$FTransfer$" softkey.3.enable="1" softkey.3.label="3Tx7103" softkey.3.use.active="1" softkey.3.precede="1"/>

Can someone provide some insight on the proper way to implement this?

Thanks,

Michael

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Softkey for consultative transfer

Hello Michael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have a look at this post => here <= that I found via the community search. It may not be 100% what you are after and some other community members may have a ready solution but this should give you an idea.

There is also an FAQ post detailing the Softkey functionality here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
michael_grncld
Occasional Contributor

I had reviewed that as part of my efforts. I have soft keys working for the blind txfr, park, pickup, txfr to VM and others but can't get the consultative / attended transfer working. I'll update this post if I resolve. If there are other suggestions, I'm open.

Thanks, Michael

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi Michael,

a quick example:

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>
   <softkey>
  <softkey softkey.1.action="$FTransfer$$FDialpad3$$FDialpad0$$FDialpad4$$FDialpad8$$Tinvite$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Trns" softkey.1.use.active="1"  softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0"/>
  </softkey>

Above removes the original Softkeys for Transfer, Conference and Hold via softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0" (will only work on phones that have a dedicated Key for each) and offers the new Trns Key only and once pressed dials my example number 3048.

You could then add the other Functions for normal functionality back via other Softkeys.

For more details either await a reply from a community member or raise a Polycom Support case via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4