Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Softkey for consultative transfer

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Softkey for consultative transfer

Hello VoIPonaught,

basically there is only so much we can do via EFK to simulate certain features.

Simulating a long key press is not one of them and to my knowledge there is no separate EFK F command for a Blind or Consulted transfer.

If you are unable to utilize EFK commands or REFER or similar its simply not possible and would require a feature request if this is something you need to automate.

As you cannot request this via the community a feature request is required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

VoIPonaught, 

I have not found a way to give the end user two soft keys "Warm" and "Blind" yet but you can have the end user first go into the phone and set the hard transfer key to "Consultative". Then mod your EFK file to the below to add a "Blind" soft key. 

<blind feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.idle="0"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
softkey.1.action="$P1N10$$Trefer$"
softkey.1.label="Blind"
efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Enter transfer destination"
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
efk.efkprompt.1.digitmatching="none"

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Thank you, Rashy, alreasy tried that.

I think what had been needed  -default is blind and consultative option.

I recall since 5.5 transfer behaviour has changed and "blind" (or "consultative") softkey shows again after transfer is initiated, and it's still possible to make blind or consultative as  default. Which is kind of best of 2 worlds (for now).

Message 13 of 13