Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Sound Station: How to JOIN Audio call to Video Conference using VoIP

francesco1609
Advisor

Sound Station: How to JOIN Audio call to Video Conference using VoIP

Dear All,

We have succesfully integrated a Sound Station IP 7000 with an HDX8000, and we are able to perform both audio and video calls from the IP 7000 - Individually

My questino is: HOW do we join a voide call while on a Video Conference?

If we try to use the phone -WHILE- we are already on a video conference, then the system will try to use the HDX8000 to make the phone call and not the VoIP connected to the IP 7000.

Note: the HDX8000 has a Quad-BRI interface on it.

Thank you,

Francesco

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
francesco1609
Advisor

Adding Phone call while on Video Conference

Dear All,

When trying to add a Phone Call to an existing Video Conference we fail.

We have an HDX8000 integrated with Sound Station IP7000.
The Sound STation IP 7000 is connected both to a VoIP CUCM and the HDX via HDX BUS.
When we try to dial the phone number from the Sound Station, the call is initiated by the HDX instead of the Sound Station.
When there is no on-going Video Conference, the call is properly sent to the VoIP system.

The problem arises only when we try to make a normal phone call while on a Video Conference.

Thank you,

Francesco

Message 2 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Adding Phone call while on Video Conference

Hello Francesco,

there is no requirement to start multiple post's covering the same issue as you had already done so.

I have moved this post into your other post and a community member will respond if they have an answer for you.

Please be aware that the community is not a replacement for our support infrastructure and if you require urgent assistance need to contact your Polycom reseller for support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 4
francesco1609
Advisor

Re: Adding Phone call while on Video Conference

Thank you Stephen,

I though about describing the issue in a different/simpler manner, which probably didn't result understandable from the first post.

I see if I can resolve via the Tech Support, just didn't see it as a technical issue, but a mere usability difficulty.

Francesco

Message 4 of 4