Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi ALL,

We have 4x IP5000 that we have set up and connected to a karel DS200 PBX however we cannot seem to get the handsets to connect the second call.

In our region we dial a "0" for a C.O line

Please see the attached Wire Shark LOG files from the Conference phone as you can see from the 2 log files there is an error on the Polycomm when making a second call to add into the conference.

Poly com set to ext 5030

External to External Call:

Dial a number 0 0820445200.

Press the call button.

Wait for the call to answer.

Press the conference button.

Dial 2nd external number 0 01129822222.

NO CONFERENCE BUTTON AS WELL A NO LAYER 2 Traffic. 

External to internal Call:

Dial a number 0 0820445200.

Press the call button.

Wait for the call to answer.

Press the conference button.

Dial internal extension number 5002.

Press Conference button.

System work 100%.

If I set up a SIP handset with the same settings as the Polycom Conf and repeat the tests it works 100% for both internal and external calls.

We have logged this call to Polycom South Afica with no positive results and our client in now not happy at all.

Can anyone help !!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello shelbons,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

Looking at your Wireshark trace I can see the phone sends an INVITE to 00@10.0.0.2 and this is exactly the scenario described in above post.

Please let me know the case number you have raised with Polycom support as I am unaware of an office in South Africa and the case would be dealt with in the UK.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I Have 2 tickets 🙂

1/417590329 = my call to the UK this morning and Polycom Service Request - SR: 1-412139991 #2755

ANd they have all of the above as well.

I have checked the dil plan and all seems to be correct. Do you perhaps have dial plan as follows.

dial 0 for a line.

local calls 1-9

National calls 01-09

International calls 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxx (upto 16 digits)

Regards

Sheldon

HP Recommended

Hello Sheldon,

I can see that in at least one ticket you have been redirected to your Polycom reseller in South Africa as it is their responsibility to support you as an end customer.

The referenced FAQ post explains the digitmap in detail and also explains how to troubleshoot it.

Simply dialing off hook (whilst dial tone is played by the phone) and dialing 00 should have the same effect.

The Phones original dialplan is optimized for north america and in you case I believe the 0T rule must apply.

The FAQ even holds an example for the UK so this should get you started.

For more details or further support please contact your Polycom reseller directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.