Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Sound point 650 mean have lync2013 qualified, what that mean ?

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Sound point 650 mean have lync2013 qualified, what that mean ?

Sound point 650 mean have lync2013 qualified, what that mean ? but CX serial phone have  phone for use with
Microsoft® Lync.

There have two statement, what difference? CX seires can register and make call normally like a lync client? but Sound point have lync qualified,  what that mean? it still can sip register to lync and make rich lync feature?

thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Sound point 650 mean have lync2013 qualified, what that mean ?

Hello fds,

the Polycom CX phone range Microsoft optimized devices. These devices reference design and software application is developed by Microsoft.

The Polycom Voice & Business Phones are Microsoft Qualified Devices. These phones running on LYNC compatible Polycom UC Software are tested to provide interoperability and quality of experience on Lync without gateways.

This Microsoft program qualifies Polycom developed and designed IP phones that interoperate with LYNC based on a combination of publicly available Windows Protocols (WSPP) and Microsoft Office Protocols.

Please ensure to check the release notes, the UCS Admin Guide and the LYNC deployment guide which are all available from our support platform.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2