Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have recently moved houses. calling out internationally on my ip 550 phone worked fine at the old house using Virgin media as our internet provider. Now when I dial out. I can hear the numbers as I dial them but then I cannot hear a phone ringing or a message from anyone answering on the other end. I have 8x8 virtual office set up on my computer so I can call out on that with no problems. So I know the numbers are correct. It is only the desk phone that I can't use. It is less than a year old. I have power and a dial tone. Our home office is in the US. I am in the UK. I have called polycom tech support. They said to call our Voip provider which I did. The landline and internet are working fine. I any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello KT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you check this article:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Most likely your new Internet connection is either blocking the registration or your router is not setup correctly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It's a year and a half after your post, but I have also had problems with the Polycom phone.  I too have 8x8 Office Pro.  I have also had problems with my phone rebooting during high call volume periods, as well as problems with lines when putting someone on hold.  I have been working closely with 8x8 support.  They are not willing to say what the problem is yet, but it appears these problems only show themselves when signed into Virtual Office On-line or Virtual Office Desktop.  When not signed into these 2 proiducts, the Polycom phones and 8x8 Voip service is impeccable.  The problem is that we are paying for a product we cannot use.  I'm hopeful the Tier 2 Tech's can find the problem and fix it.  If you are still using 8x8 I hope this helps you.  Contact Tech support.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.