Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Firstly, I have used the seach function, the only result doesn't solve my issue. 

I have two SoundPoint 320s that are stuck in boot loops. I've done the numbers reset (1 3 5 7) and input <removed by the moderator> to reset the config, after that I input my FTP server address to load the applications, nothing. It boots to the IP: ENet: Rev: screen, hangs on that for 5 - 10 minutes, then reboots and does it all over again. I get no error codes during this whole process. 

Something of note, when on the 'Loading Application' screen, the bar fills 2 pixels are first, then the full bar in 1 second. Obviously it's not loading or downloading the application, it just proceeds to hang and then reboot.

What can I do to fix these two phones?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello PubEnDaniel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you run a wireshark trace on a spanned port to check what the phone is actually doing.

Are you pointing it to a provisioning server and are any logs uploaded?

I had to remove part of your original Post as we do not publicly disclose this procedure.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I would suggest you run a wireshark trace on a spanned port to check what the phone is actually doing.

Are you pointing it to a provisioning server and are any logs uploaded?

How do I run the trace?

I'm not sure where it's pointing to. Normally, yes we point the phone to an FTP to get the configs but when the phone gets to the part where it would normally download the data, it skips and doesn't download the data, then reboots.

HP Recommended

Hello PubEnDaniel,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition, if not already done so, provide the phone with a Provisioning server as described here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank for those link. I tried packet capturing with WireShark but the broken phone doesn't even register. I double checked with a known working phone and the working phone registers in WireShark, so that tells me that the broken phone doesn't even gain network access before breaking. 

On the broken phone, I changed the boot server to static and pointed it to my FTP provisioning server but the phone fails to download the application. It says "Loading Application" then one pixel of progress, then full bar. Normally on a working phone the progress bar gradually fills as it downloads the file, the fact that the broken phone automatically fills the bar tells me there is an issue with that function in the phone's software. 

I've tried factory resetting the phone with button combos I've found on Google, they don't seem to do anything.

What should I do now?

I feel like attempting a firmware update might help, but I'm not sure how to do that. Can you provide documentation on that or provide additional solutions to this issue?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello PubEnDaniel,

if you use a spanned port and wireshark and the phone does not even initiate a FTP connection even if specified then there must be a hardware fault.

You will need to contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly to further troubleshoot this or RMA the hardware.

Not knowing how these two phones got into this state needs to be troubleshot via the above resources.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.