Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Bootblock 2.8.1

BootROM 4.1.3.0052

Application Main Verison 3.1.3.0507

Let me first say this has been a pretty big learning curve for me. I have set up the provisioning server pointing to a Windows 2012 server and that is working fine. I have added the following lines to my MAC config file - reg_basic.cfg, sip_basic.cfg, site.cfg, features.cfg and have learned how to modify those to my needs. The issue that I cannot figure out though is when I succesfully provision one phone (have others) to my server I lost the Dir softkey and the Registered Line phone status. I thought if I edited the Features.cfg - softkey.feature.directories to 1 - I would atleast get the Dir sofkey back. One thing I have noticed on my provisioning server is I do not have a phone1.cfg file. So, I have 3 questions -

Where can I download the phone1.cfg file?

How do I get the Dir sofkey button back?

How do I display the phone registered line status image?

I have read and read manuals and this is all I am missing.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello catch,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg files?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains that this phone1.cfg and the sip.cfg would always be provided with the relevant sip software.

The files you mention all come with the new UCS software and I am actually surprised that the phone even works.

Your software, as stated. SIP 3.1.3, the files you use started to be provide with UCS 3.3.0 or newer.

Please install a compatible software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay - So, I downloaded Polycom_UC_Software_4_0_5_release_sig_combined - This seems to be the latest I can get according to the download matrix - The rest say they are for Lync only. So, I uploaded the sip.ld to my FTP and restarted the phone and everything comes up just fine. I can make calls and receive calls.

So, maybe I am ready all this wrong - But, I am physically looking for a file called phone1.cfg - Does all this documentation just mean the acutal name that I named the 000000000000.cfg file? Which instead of phone1.cfg - I just used the MAC address.cfg

There definalty is not a file called phone1.cfg in that zip.

TIA

HP Recommended

Hello catch,

please ensure you read and understand my reply and the linked FAQ post.

Since UCS 3.3.0 or newer there is no longer a sip.cfg and/or phone1.cfg.

These files are only supplied with SIP 3.2.x or older.

I suggest, in order to understand the changes that where added in UCS 3.3.0, to read the UCS 3.3.0 Admin guide.

You may also want to read:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

and

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Listen friend - I did read and understand your post. I have read and read these forums and you moderators copy and paste these canned responces that are not really helpful. If you are not going to try and help please leave my thread. If you are going to try and help - Then you would have read that I uploaded the latest version of the software.

Plus I asked a very spcific question which you did not answer.

HP Recommended

Hello catch,

as long as we can keep this discussion in a professional manner I am more than happy to assist.

As I have mentioned before if you use any software newer than UCS 3.3.0 (your software is UCS 4.0.5 and therefore newer) there is no longer a sip.cfg and/or phone1.cfg.

These files were used in software versions SIP 3.2.x or older.

As an explanation I had posted the FAQ link that has explained this as well.

In order to make this FAQ post even clearer I have now added additional information.

The link to the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg FAQ post also mentions this fact that these files are no longer used if a newer software is installed.

My reference to the files in my original post are based on yourself mentioning "reg_basic.cfg, sip_basic.cfg, site.cfg, features.cfg ".

I hope above explains this more clearly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.