Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundPoint 321 - v4.0.1 Voicemail?

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundPoint 321 - v4.0.1 Voicemail?

Hello Tom,

can you confirm it does this now after you followed my advice?

Please ensure, as asked in the FAQ, to always consult the Admin Guide.

Check msg.mwi.x.callBackModemsg.mwi.x.callBack

If above has helped you please mark this post as solved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: SoundPoint 321 - v4.0.1 Voicemail?

Hi Steffen,

I managed to have a play about on the web interface to get voicemail working. Turns out I didn't need the line 2 key as the first softkey (top left) shows as 'Mgs' on the display when you have a message and when configured correctly you just press that and hey presto it dials voicemail!

For my setup I set the following parameters on the web interface:

Settings > Lines > Line 1 > Message Center Callback Mode 'Contact'. Callback Contact 'the extension of our vm server'.

I also noticed that the web interface (v4) shows the XML paramters(?) of the various options. What I have done is create a list of the options changed with the plan to then find + set them in the XML to aid deployment.. I'm not sure if this is genius or madness but here goes.. these are the parameters:

Handset Specific:

reg.1.address'ddi'
reg.1.auth.userId'ddi'
reg.1.auth.password'subscriber pw'

Generic Settings:

voIpProt.server.1.address'server IP'
voIpProt.server.1.port5060
msg.mwi.1.callBackModeContact
msg.mwi.1.callBack'VM DDI'
device.sntp.serverNamepool.ntp.org

Tom

Message 12 of 12