Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am having an odd issue with all of my SoundPoint 650 phones (all with at least one attendant module) where they randomly reboot while on a call or pixelate causing the phone to become unusable unless power cycled.  The issue has occurred on all 15 of the SoundPoint 650 phones within the office at some point in time (others happen more often the some).  Typically it occurs about once a week to 3-4 phones.

I upgraded the phones to 4.0.5 Rev C and the issue still occurs.  I am not sure if it is a POE related issue (switch can do PoE+ up to 30W per port) so I moved several phones to 110 Wall power and put them in a non-poe switch to see.  As the issue takes time to appear I don't know if this is the solution or not.

Has anyone seen behavior like this before?  Attached screenshot shows the pixelizaiton we see.  FYI the attendant module never turns off or pixelatizes.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello Aeudian,

We seem to be having a few of these lately here and the question would be how many of these phones are using BLF and how many of the BLF users are in pick up groups or similar.

In order to troubleshoot this a support ticket needs to be raised via your Polycom reseller in order to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have around 40 IP650 on one site and I experienced similar issue that the all of sudden, the screen is frozen and the lamp are flashing and the user cannot use the phone unless reboot. The firmware is 4.0.5.4233

All the phones are suing power supply and some of them has extension module and BLF features are being deployed.

The phone are orignally on 4.0.1 firmware version However due to the fact that no call log information, I need to upgrade the firmware to 4.0.5.4233 and the call log issue is solved.

I figure out that the phones with 4.0.1 have not reported such reboot issue.

HP Recommended

We have about 20 650's having the problem.  Each phone uses the BLF with 5 BLF on the main 650 and all 14 on the attendant module.  A couple of phones have  a second attendant module which have about 7 programmed on them.

We have always been running 4.0.5 since roll out in Dec.  I did upgrade to Rev C. which didn't resolve the issue.

As I am a partner will open a case with Polycom to see what can be done.  I will also try downgrading to 4.0.1.

HP Recommended

Be awared that 4.0.1 has the call log issue such that missed call and dial calls will not be shown on the call log list.

I suggest to try 4.0.4 to avoid the missing call log issue.

HP Recommended

Does the phone still crash on 4.0.4 for you?

4.0.1 REV P seems to have an issue with BLF where the phone isn't updating the status lights correctly where the phones state that certain phones are ringing when they aren't.

HP Recommended
Test 4.0.4 at lab ok.
Will deploy at customer site tonight.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

please remember to log this with Polycom support and provide the relevant data so if this can be reproduced and identified we can address this in a future release.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The screwed-up display when the phone crashes is one symptom we have not experienced over here, but like Steffen says, if your phones have any BLFs configured, there seems to be an issue related to that feature that can cause instability and crashes.

I've been posting my findings to this thread here:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/SoundPoint-IP-650-lockups/td-p/50317

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

I down grade 2 phones from 4.0.5C to 4.0.4 on last Thursday. One of them is working fine OK but the other  one has the first line being unregistered suddenly for 30 minutes today, while the other 3 lines on the phone are still working. The situation seems better than 4.0.5 and 4.0.5c. But.....

All the IP650 phones I used are paired with the Extension Module and BLF are being configured on the extension module !!!

Is there any resposne from Polycom after someone issuing ticket?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.