Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello ipcpsupport,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am only aware of NathanA opening a ticket and this is currently worked by my colleagues in the USA. 

I am not aware if Aeudian, the original poster, has done so.

The only change between UCS 4.0.5 and UCS 4.0.5 C as stated in the release notes is:

• 87581 Added support for a new touchscreen driver (applies to VVX 500).

I am aware that Nathan seems to have identified a issue we need to treat every report of this as an individual case as the root cause may be completely different.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As I am not a reseller and thus I cannot issue ticket.

I have already reported to my local dealer and the local dealer asks me to provide log files for support. I know the log files are vital for debugging. However, I have some difficulties in providing logs files.

By the way, is it a good alterative to down grade the phone to 3.35.0247?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you think downgrading all the way to 3.3.5 will get you.  If you have been running 4.0 for a while, you will probably be surprised to discover how many features you rely on that only shipped with 4.0.

The BLF crash bug only exists in 4.0.5.  I'm not sure what that specific issue is that you are seeing with 4.0.4, but it is something different and not related.  We have also seen some other issues with 4.0.4 (not BLF related) that would cause me to shy away from that release.  Have you tried 4.0.3F?  Maybe the call log bug you experienced with 4.0.1 that caused you to try to go to 4.0.5 was fixed in 4.0.2 or 4.0.3.  If I were you, I'd give it a try.

What issues are you having supplying the log files?

If either you or Aeudian are using Asterisk, and you have the option or rebuilding Asterisk from source, you might upgrade all the way to 4.0.6 and then try using a patch I developed for Asterisk that should work around Polycom's bug: http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/SoundPoint-IP-650-lockups/m-p/52336#M8392

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

I understand that I lot features were found in 4.0.x but not in 3.3.x

WHen the phones were fist deployed, 4.0.1 firmware were used. However, as the customer reported not having call log (dialled, miseed or recieved), I upgraded the phones straight to 4.0.5 (later to 4.0.5c). This firmware was reported to have BLF crash recently.

It seems that under the current suitation, 4.0.4 will the the "right" firmware for not having BLF crash bug (if this bug is only found on 4.0.5) and call log bug.

HP Recommended

I will be opening a ticket today about this matter.  I just tried 4.0.6 for about 1 week and the issue occurred on 4 phones this morning.  3 of the 4 phones had it happen as soon as a call was transferred to them.  The side card went black this time on 4.0.6 (where in the past they would retain their text) while the phones had black lines across the screens.

I will let everyone know the outcome from the case. 

My Case Number is: 1-506511058

HP Recommended

Aeudian,

I re-read my last reply here (which I wrote, if I recall correctly, after 4.0.6's release), and I have to correct myself/make myself more clear: I did not mean to say that the bug exists in 4.0.5 only.  I meant to say that it was introduced in 4.0.5 and so only exists in 4.0.5 and later, including 4.0.6.  So it does not surprise me that you are still experiencing problems.

Again, I've not seen our phones crash with scrambled displays, so it is possible that you are seeing something different than I am (have you tried eliminating BLFs from the config, and if so, do the crashes stop? have you gone to the real-time Memory Usage graph -- [Menu] -> 2 -> 4 -> 2 -> 3 -- each day to see whether the usage is gradually creeping up day-by-day?), but if it does seem to be related to my issue, it may or may not help to reference my ticket (1-494027911) to your support rep.

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

We did enable graphs and memory/cpu output to log file to see.  My tech thinks it might be a memory leak or hardware revision issue.  It takes about a week for the phones to crash so we are only 2 days into the week.  I'll know more next week around Tuesday/Wednesday when they crash.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.