Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Will there be further sip firmware updates for Polycom Soundpoint 670? Why is this model behind compared to 650,560, 550 etc considering that it is the flagship from this family? Is it going to be ever supported for Lync?

We've invested in this particular model mostly due to its future proof and will be very disappointed if we don't see the fimware catching up with the rest of the family.

Any information would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Milen

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Milen,

as far as I am aware the SPIP670 just like the SSIP7000 as an example are not LYNC compatible or supported.

They are still receiving updates via the UCS 4.0.x strain of our new UC Software.

Considering the IP670 is nearly 5 years into its original launch Polycom always aims to ensure the devices can maximize their functionality. Due to some restrictions LYNC support or compatibility could unfortunately not be included for some of our phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

In order to protect our investment of about 1000 670s and considering that 650 (very similar to 670) is supported, can you let me know:

1. Can you advise if we can approach Polycom and negotiate specific price for 670 model Lync compatibleness? (we've bought most of our devices through VCOMM)

2. What are essentially the differences between 4.0.x and 4.1.x as in fact we managed to get the 670 work with Lync 2013?

Many thanks,

Milen

HP Recommended

Hello Milen,

I am not aware of single phone certification and usually everything would need to go via your reseller and a Polycom Sales engineer.

There are multiple factors for the SPIP670 and other phones not being LYNC compatible or certification. Some are Hardware based and others a business decisions.

You may be able to get the SPIP670 to work with either LYNC 2010 or even 2013 but Polycom will not provide any support on these devices.

The phones where originally never designed to be compatible with LYNC and the addition of this functionality to most of our phones is an added bonus in order to guarantee compatibility with multiple different vendors or platforms.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.