Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm fairly experienced in networks, etc. but not that much in VoIP... so please bear with me. Long story short-> we have a couple of hundred Polycom SoundPoint IP 320/330 and 321/331 installed across our network. They are working but are managed by our current VoIP provider. As we are looking to change providers I took a look at the phones and found that they are running a bunch of different firmware versions which makes a nightmare to configure and manage. So, I'm trying to have them all set the same way.

Looking at the firmware table:

https://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sip_sw_releases_matrix.html

I see that the latest firmware for the 321/331 is 4.0.15.1009 and that for 320/330 is 3.3.5. I set up a local TFTP server and started updating the phones but a lot of them did not get the updates (and I see them hitting the server for the files).

I also see that the BootROM can (and in some cases has to) be updated. But I can't find what is the latest version that works on each phone (and more importantly where to download it).

I'm hoping that by updating the BootROM all the updates should go thru. Any advice on where to get them? I realize the phones are old, but they are in good working order.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @javierg ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I suggest you check here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

May 14, 2012 Question: Can I support a mix of legacy SIP and UCS Phones on the same Provisioning Server?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above should explain everything and software can be found on our support page. You may have to check in the previous releases as these phones have been end of sale.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.