Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundPoint IP 650 Ring Type

SOLVED
Telco-T
Advisor

SoundPoint IP 650 Ring Type

I am changing the ring type on a number of my IP 650 phone sets, the change takes but only affects internal calls, all external calls have the default ring. How do I change that result?

Also, the changes on the internal calls default back to the original setting after a phone reboot. How do I get them to stick?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundPoint IP 650 Ring Type

Hello Telco,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

Did you check this:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Telco,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

Did you check this:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Telco-T
Advisor

The fix was that I had the DR settings to Bellcore and not set to custom1, custom2, etc in our config. That is all taken care of and working fine. Thank you for the link to the article.

Message 3 of 3