Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a ticket opened with my supplier about this issue, but figured I'd post a message here as well just in case someone has the answer on the tip of their tongues...

We are having a problem with SoundPoint IP phones (335, 450, 650) and auto-answer (voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Intercom", voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="autoAnswer", and SIP INVITE contains "Alert-Info: Intercom" in it).  Specifically, we need for the auto-answer to always activate the handsfree speaker.

This normally works: if the phone is idle, and the handsfree speaker is enabled, auto-answer calls automatically get routed to the speaker.  However, we are encountering problems sometimes where our users are occasionally not quite getting the handset all the way back on the cradle when they hang up the phone after a call, or the phone gets bumped or moved and the handset gets jostled enough that the phone is "off-hook".  When this happens, the phone auto-answers intercom calls and then sends the call audio to the handset speaker, not the handsfree speaker.

Is there a way that I can force calls with a specific Alert-Info value to always activate the handsfree speaker, even if the handset is off-hook?

Thanks,

-- Nathan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.