Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundPoint IP331 Start Problem

Occasional Visitor

SoundPoint IP331 Start Problem

I got SoundPoint IP 331. It was in use by some other company before and I bought it from e-bay online. I reset the phone to factory settings and also format the file system. Now its taking too long to start everyday when I am coming to office almost 10-15 minutes everyday its checking log files and also giving message checking application etc etc.

Could you please help me on this

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundPoint IP331 Start Problem

Hello coolbareeze,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Its always useful to state the currently used software version as an answer may depend on this.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how you upgrade your currently used software version and I suggest you use UCS 4.0.5 if used with a SIP server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Re: SoundPoint IP331 Reset Problem

I cant reset Polycom 331 with a default password 456 <Removed by the moderator>. Please help

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundPoint IP331 Reset Problem

Hello coolbareeze,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

The FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above outlines in detail how the restore procedure is to be used if you are aware of the process.

The only other if above fails is to contact your Polycom reseller / Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4