SoundPoint - apps.telNotification.callStateChange

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

SoundPoint - apps.telNotification.callStateChange

Hi, we are trying to figure out what we need to do to get the call state change (Telephony Notification Event) working.

We are using a SoundPoint 650 info is below:

Phone Model  SoundPoint IP 650
Part Number  2345-12600-001 Rev. 1
MAC Address  00:04:F2:24:33:18
IP Address  10.105.250.190
SIP Software Version  3.3.1.0933
BootROM Software Version  4.3.0.0246

As per the Developers Guide - the event should be supported as documented below:

Call State Change Event

The following format is supported:

<CallStateChangeEvent CallReference=" " CallState=" ">

<PhoneIP> </PhoneIP>

<MACAddress> </MACAddress>

<LineNumber> </LineNumber>

<TimeStamp> </TimeStamp>

<CallLineInfo>

<LineKeyNum> </LineKeyNum>

<LineDirNum> </LineDirNum>

<LineState> </LineState>

<CallInfo>

<CallState> </CallState>

<CallType> </CallType>

<UIAppearanceIndex> </UIAppearanceIndex>

<CalledPartyName> </CalledPartyName>

<CalledPartyDirNum> </CalledPartyDirNum>

<CallingPartyName> </CallingPartyName>

<CallingPartyDirNum> </CallingPartyDirNum>

<CallReference> </CallReference>

<CallDuration> </CallDuration>

</CallInfo>

</CallLineInfo>

</CallStateChangeEvent>

The phone's WUI does not show any option for this event. We have the following options:

Line Registration Enabled Disabled
Incoming Call Enabled Disabled
Outgoing Call Enabled Disabled
On-hook Enabled Disabled
Off-hook Enabled Disabled

And we have tried modifying the applications.cfg file manually - but that doesn't seem to work either.

We do receive Incoming Call events, so I know that the HTTP interface is working to some extent.

Any thoughts on what we need to do to get this working?

Thanks everyone for the help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundPoint - apps.telNotification.callStateChange

Hello Cain06,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware your are referring to a functionality mentioned in the UCS 4.0.0 Admin Guide.

This release of Software is currently not yet available on the SPIP650.

Please check the UCS Admin Guide 3.3.0 for supported functionality regarding App State Polling etc.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The document linked to didn't really provide any insight into the features supported/not supported regarding Telephony Notifications.

The Developer's Guide says it is supported:

There is XML API support for applications on Polycom® SoundPoint® IP

32x/33x, 450, 550, 560, 650, and 670 desktop phones, SoundStation® IP 5000,

6000, and 7000 conference phones, VVX® 1500 business media phones, and

SpectraLink® 8400 Series wireless handsets running Polycom® UC Software

It doesn't say anywhere specifically that 650 isn't supported...

I don't mind getting a different type SoundPoint but would need to know which ones support the CallStateEvents and the other events mentioned in the Dev Guide

Message 3 of 7

Hello Cain06,

the UCS 3.3.0 Software release supports according to the Developer Guide:

Telephony Notification Events

The phone can be configured to send information to a specific URI if one of the following telephony notification events occurs:

• Incoming Call Event
  • Outgoing Call Event
  • Offhook Event
  • Onhook Event

These events are XML data posted to web server by the phone’s Microbrowser or Browser.

You need to specify the destination in a Format like HTTP://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the Web Server on the far end will receive the events in XML Format.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Contributor

I guess I'm confused then - which phones actually do support UCS 4.0 which the developer's guide seems to refer to?

We would like this advanced functionality but I can't seem to find on your site anywhere that lists the phone with UCS 4

Message 5 of 7

Hello Cain06,

currently the UCS 4.0.0 Platform has only been released in North America on the 8400 WiFi Series handset.

An Overview of all phones can be found => here <=  and within each Platform you can see the current latest Software Release.

I cannot give you a release date for the SPIP650 yet so please check the Page mentioned above or work with your Polycom Reseller.

You can download the 8400 SDK and play with features and develop your application in order to be ready once the Software is released.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

Message 6 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for all your help! That makes more sense

Message 7 of 7