Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, we are trying to figure out what we need to do to get the call state change (Telephony Notification Event) working.

We are using a SoundPoint 650 info is below:

Phone Model  SoundPoint IP 650
Part Number  2345-12600-001 Rev. 1
MAC Address  00:04:F2:24:33:18
IP Address  10.105.250.190
SIP Software Version  3.3.1.0933
BootROM Software Version  4.3.0.0246

As per the Developers Guide - the event should be supported as documented below:

Call State Change Event

The following format is supported:

<CallStateChangeEvent CallReference=" " CallState=" ">

<PhoneIP> </PhoneIP>

<MACAddress> </MACAddress>

<LineNumber> </LineNumber>

<TimeStamp> </TimeStamp>

<CallLineInfo>

<LineKeyNum> </LineKeyNum>

<LineDirNum> </LineDirNum>

<LineState> </LineState>

<CallInfo>

<CallState> </CallState>

<CallType> </CallType>

<UIAppearanceIndex> </UIAppearanceIndex>

<CalledPartyName> </CalledPartyName>

<CalledPartyDirNum> </CalledPartyDirNum>

<CallingPartyName> </CallingPartyName>

<CallingPartyDirNum> </CallingPartyDirNum>

<CallReference> </CallReference>

<CallDuration> </CallDuration>

</CallInfo>

</CallLineInfo>

</CallStateChangeEvent>

The phone's WUI does not show any option for this event. We have the following options:

Line Registration Enabled Disabled
Incoming Call Enabled Disabled
Outgoing Call Enabled Disabled
On-hook Enabled Disabled
Off-hook Enabled Disabled

And we have tried modifying the applications.cfg file manually - but that doesn't seem to work either.

We do receive Incoming Call events, so I know that the HTTP interface is working to some extent.

Any thoughts on what we need to do to get this working?

Thanks everyone for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Cain06,

currently the UCS 4.0.0 Platform has only been released in North America on the 8400 WiFi Series handset.

An Overview of all phones can be found => here <=  and within each Platform you can see the current latest Software Release.

I cannot give you a release date for the SPIP650 yet so please check the Page mentioned above or work with your Polycom Reseller.

You can download the 8400 SDK and play with features and develop your application in order to be ready once the Software is released.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Cain06,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware your are referring to a functionality mentioned in the UCS 4.0.0 Admin Guide.

This release of Software is currently not yet available on the SPIP650.

Please check the UCS Admin Guide 3.3.0 for supported functionality regarding App State Polling etc.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The document linked to didn't really provide any insight into the features supported/not supported regarding Telephony Notifications.

The Developer's Guide says it is supported:

There is XML API support for applications on Polycom® SoundPoint® IP

32x/33x, 450, 550, 560, 650, and 670 desktop phones, SoundStation® IP 5000,

6000, and 7000 conference phones, VVX® 1500 business media phones, and

SpectraLink® 8400 Series wireless handsets running Polycom® UC Software

It doesn't say anywhere specifically that 650 isn't supported...

I don't mind getting a different type SoundPoint but would need to know which ones support the CallStateEvents and the other events mentioned in the Dev Guide

HP Recommended

Hello Cain06,

the UCS 3.3.0 Software release supports according to the Developer Guide:

Telephony Notification Events

The phone can be configured to send information to a specific URI if one of the following telephony notification events occurs:

• Incoming Call Event
  • Outgoing Call Event
  • Offhook Event
  • Onhook Event

These events are XML data posted to web server by the phone’s Microbrowser or Browser.

You need to specify the destination in a Format like HTTP://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the Web Server on the far end will receive the events in XML Format.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I guess I'm confused then - which phones actually do support UCS 4.0 which the developer's guide seems to refer to?

We would like this advanced functionality but I can't seem to find on your site anywhere that lists the phone with UCS 4

HP Recommended

Hello Cain06,

currently the UCS 4.0.0 Platform has only been released in North America on the 8400 WiFi Series handset.

An Overview of all phones can be found => here <=  and within each Platform you can see the current latest Software Release.

I cannot give you a release date for the SPIP650 yet so please check the Page mentioned above or work with your Polycom Reseller.

You can download the 8400 SDK and play with features and develop your application in order to be ready once the Software is released.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for all your help! That makes more sense

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.