Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying to setup direct call pickup on a SPIP_450 with 4.0.1.13681 firmware. According to the documentation, here is some of the most relevant thing I put in the config file:

<attendant>
      <attendant.behaviors>
        <attendant.behaviors.display>
          <attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1" />
        </attendant.behaviors.display>
      </attendant.behaviors>
      <attendant.resourceList 
	attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:4203@10.2.11.40" attendant.resourceList.1.label="Test" attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"

</attendant>

<feature>
    <feature.directedCallPickup feature.directedCallPickup.enabled="1" />
    <feature.groupCallPickup feature.groupCallPickup.enabled="1" />
    <feature.urlDialing feature.urlDialing.enabled="1"/>
    <feature.presence feature.presence.enabled="1" />
  </feature>

<call call.directedCallPickupMethod="legacy" call.directedCallPickupString="*9" />

With this settings, BLF works fine, but when I try to pickup the call (either pressing the blf button or the "pickup call" option on the display) the call is not picked up beacuse POLYCOM DOESN'T APPEND THE MONITORED EXTENSION TO THE PICKUP STRING. Infact, instead of sending (according to my configuration) *9+4203, it send only *9 and so my pbx (Asterisk) couldn't know wich call I want to pick up.

I've googled for hours, I've read the documentation several times, I've changed call.directedCallPickupMethod from legacy to native but nothing change. How can I say to polycom to append the MONITORED EXTENSION to the pickup string, so I'll have *94203 instead of *9?

I think it could be done or Polycom would be th eony sip phone in the marketplace not supporting this basic feature with Asterisk.

The pbx is an Asterisk 1.6.2.20. Sip.conf:

[general]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=h263
allow=h264
alwaysauthreject=yes
authfailureevents=yes
callcounter=yes
callevents=yes
context=voip_in
defaultexpirey=120
externip=0.0.0.0
externrefresh=10
faxdetect=yes
limitonpeers=yes
localnet=10.2.11.40/24
match_auth_username=yes
maxexpirey=60
nat=yes
notifyhold=yes
notifyringing=yes
qualify=4000
realm=easypbx
rtpholdtimeout=3600
rtptimeout=900
srvlookup=no
subscribecontext=subscribe
tcpbindaddr=0.0.0.0:5060
tcpenable=no
tos_audio=ef
tos_sip=cs3
tos_text=af41
tos_video=af41
udpbindaddr=0.0.0.0:5060
useragent=TestPBX
videosupport=yes

[4203]
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
callerid=<Test>
callgroup=1
canreinvite=no
context=phone_1759_in
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=dynamic
mailbox=4203@default
nat=yes
pickupgroup=1
qualify=60000   
secret=XXXXXXXX
type=friend
username=4203

Thanks a lot, any help will be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello santino83_02,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Quoting from the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide:

call.directedCallPickupMethod="legacy"

indicates the phone will use the method specified in call.directedCallPickupString

call.directedCallPickupString

The star code to initiate a directed call pickup. Note: The default value supports the BroadWorks calls server only. You must change the value if your organization uses a different call server.

Above does not state that it would append the Extension Number to the String being used.

Add to your sip.conf Peers the callgroup and pickupgroup Information and it will work.

I shall update my Information => here <= where I had missed out this little detail.

In addition from the Admin Guide:

feature.presence.enabled

If 0, the presence feature — including buddy managements and user status — is disabled. If 1, the presence feature is enabled with the buddy and status options.

Buddy's are used via the <mac>-directory.xml field and are not needed for Attendant BLF Functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I ran into the same problem as santino83_02 did.

In the linked BLF Faq you have configured all extensions to share the same callgroup / pickupgroup. When there are two incoming calls, how can you tell which one you want to pickup?

While doing my research I found some information saying that there should be a new header in the SIP INVITE request specifying which call you want to pickup. I have tried "native" / "legacy", but there was no such information. Any ideas on that?

Best

Filip

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.